Vender holsters

Has anyone used the Vedder QuickDraw OWB holster. They claim that it is real concealable. Is it just asking for a friend. Lol

4 Likes

Thats my winter holster. Never had any issue with it. Going on 3 yrs now. Use Blue loctite on all the screws

5 Likes

Is it as concealable as the reviews say? And thanks for the reply

1 Like

Yes. For me I just need to beware of shirt length but again I usually only carry this way in colder weather so it’s a hoodie, flannel, or jacket thats covering it.

I have a one garment rule, meaning I only want to move one piece of clothing to gain access to my firearm.

3 Likes

Definitely more comfortable. I would use mine all the time If I could but sometimes deep concealment is just required. It is like I usually say though, Boxers, Briefs, or G-string, what ever makes you comfortable because comfortable and confident is important to daily use.

3 Likes

Thanks sheepdog I like to carry owb in cooler weather as well just looking at the claims of concealing beneath a shirt. Ordered it today so will see how it goes.

1 Like

No problem. My only complaint with the holster is the paddle. If that’s how you’re going to carry it, personally I would use the Blackhawk paddle. It’s much more comfortable and for my body type it holds the holster more securely. I currently have the safariland paddle and its a little too big. You may have to drill some holes in either the holster or the paddle but just simple common sense on where to drill to maintain the integrity of the plastic. I found by being able to set my cant how I wanted added comfort and concealment.

2 Likes

I am going to belt carry paddles don’t get close to the body in my opinion, thanks for your input and advice

1 Like

I have never owned a Vedder holster, people I know own them and say good things about them, the reviews I have watched on YouTube are good reviews.

1 Like

I’ve never used the Vedder Quick Draw OWB holsters, but this is the OWB holster I use with either an FN 40 S&W double stack 4" barrel, or Commander 4" barrel 1911:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/concealable-belt-holster_8_4_1064.html

The way the beltloops are built, combined with an aggressive forward cant make it hug your body like a glove. I’ve even worn it with a T-Shirt, just don’t reach for that top shelve item :grinning: It’s a bit pricier than the Vedder, but look for it on Amazon, or use the USCCA member code.

Edit: This is top view from Galco’s website, they call the one I have a “forward molded holster”

2 Likes

I have my eye on the vedder light draw. Would have bought one if I really didn’t need it.

Crossbreed has a big %20 off sale right now too :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes