Paddle holster or Belt Holster for OWB

Looking at getting a Vedder OWB holster.

They have a paddle and a belt loop holster.

I like the idea of the paddle because I could just clip it on. I have a belt loop holster for a full size gun, but it can be time consuming to get it in position. It may be more concealable.

(This is for conceal carry not open carry).

2 Likes

I have a Vedder OWB holster but put a Blackhawk paddle on it. The Vedder paddle seemed to small for me to feel comfortable that it would work is a stressful situation.

That was a few years ago. Vedder may have changed their paddles

2 Likes

I’ve been using OWB for classes (most Illinois Ranges don’t allow IWB) and paddle is perfect for this. Easy on, easy off.
Unfortunately for concealment it’s no so great. It doesn’t stay on place permanently, especially when carrier moves a lot.
I’ve also found that paddle can destroy the pants at the hook spots (doesn’t apply to jeans). I’ve tried to use the paddle outside the pants, just on the belt, but it’s not a good for everyday carry.
I’ve eventually switched to belt loops and found it a better solution. The holster stays on place no matter what and seems to be better concealed.

4 Likes

@Scoutbob, I prefer OWB belt holster reason being the gun is better concealed due to less printing. A paddle holster although easier to put on and off, it’s also easier for the gun to be taken from you in a situation where you are wrestling with someone. In my honest opinion I would feel safer having the firearm closer to my body while concealing. A paddle holster is good for range use and training purposes. I hope this helps brother.

4 Likes

I carry OWB and use both paddle and through the belt. Just depends on what or where I’m going and the clothes selection. Through the belt conceals better than paddle though

3 Likes

Think I’m gonna look into that “light draw” holster for my shield 45. Might be harder to thread, but I like the idea of it being closer to my body.

2 Likes

I prefer a snap on option: https://www.ttgunleather.com/product-page/elite-snap-removable-holster

I tried a few paddle holsters, never liked them much.

3 Likes

I have had a Vedder OWB holster with the paddle for over a year now. I love it. It stays put and it’s comfortable. In fact, I’m wearing it now. Most of the time I forget I have it on. The screws have come loose a couple times and I’ve had to tighten them but other than that I’m thrilled with this holster. A little Loctite Blue would probably resolve the screws issue but I haven’t done it yet.

4 Likes

I’m looking for a paddle holster OWB for my M&P shield .40 with integrated laser, I have a blackhawk serpa for my XDm, anybody have any suggestions? Definitely wanting a good retention mechanism. Perhaps less bulky than the blackhawk. More like Fobus, but I haven’t seen any that fit the integrated laser component. Thanks

1 Like

I hate resurrecting old threads but I’d rather not start a new thread. I looked up the Vedder OWB QUick Draw holsters and they don’t have a CZ-USA P10C. I want to get an OWB holster for my battle belt that’s 1.5" wide but I’m new to this area of holsters and not sure where to start. It has the Molle inserts on the belt too. I’ve done some searches and haven’t found anything. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!

1 Like

I read or saw a video somewhere saying the CZ P-10C uses the same holster as the G19, I could be wrong, it happens when the wind blows out here.

Try Lenwood holsters, Black Arch, QVO Tactical, Comp-TAC

Hth

1 Like

You are in great start position owning CZ P10c, That’s the very common pistol.
1.5" belt is a size accepted by holster manufacturers.
I’m not sure if MOLLE is a good choice for firearm, it works ok with lightweight stuff… I personally wouldn’t risk to check it on holster.

For non expensive option look at Muddy River Tactical OWB. If you go with “Black Carbon” color the holster looks like all others for $100 :slightly_smiling_face:

Other choices - Bravo Concealment, Concealment Express, Alien Gear, Tucker Gun Leather, JM4 Tactical, Tear1 Concealed, Legacy Firearms Co.

These above are tested and confirmed as good products. Try to stay away from cheap stuff from Amazon.

3 Likes

Cool, I will check some of those brands. I just want to make sure I have something for my battle belt.

2 Likes