Pocket dump: Holsters

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/concealed-carry-gear/

How many holsters did you find before you found the one?

• 5+

0 voters

What’s your favorite holster?

1 Like

I use a Black Rhino Concealment CCS with hard belt clip and 30 degree cant for my HK VP9SK concealed EDC–I customize and rotate their 15 degree factory cant to about a 30 degree for better concealment at 4:30.

For OWB at the range for training and all day work I use a Safariland 578 Pro-fit Compact with QLS on a 2 inch 2-piece belt for my full sized VP9T.

2 Likes

I started with open carry before concealed was a legal option. The first holsters I had were blackhawk serpas. Once I got my permit, I went hybrid holsters. Crossbreed is my preference, but I have an alien gear hybrid that’s fine.

2 Likes

9 times out of 10 I carry in a Vedder light tuck, forward cant with claw attachment.

2 Likes

@Stephen1 just bought the 578 GLS, do you use the paddle or belt slide? Does the belt slide bring it in closer to the body?

2 Likes

I have 3 Hidden Hybrid holsters all very comfortable.

1. Two Double clip which can be carried IWB/OWB for my Shield with CT Laserguard Pro and one for my M&P2.0

2. One Single Clip for my HK P2000sk with claw for AIWB/IWB

All three very comfortable for a desert rat like me - full kydex is too sweaty and causes skin irritation.

1. Safariland 578 GLS sub compact OWB - fits all 3 guns - mainly my range/training holster.

I’m considering buying another one in left hand and ordering UltiClips to try it out as an IWB - like to positive retention on these holsters. Thinking of adding some fabric or felt to the body side to cut down on the plastic on skin sweat and irritation.

2 Likes

I’m always on the lookout for a better holster. My old buddy says he has more holsters than most ladies have pairs of shoes. He’ Joking of course we’ve been best friends since 1963. Finding a holster that works and is comfortable can be an experience.

2 Likes

I use the belt slide with the QLS attached between the slide and the holster. I attach my mag holders to the 2 inch belt and it becomes like a USPSA rig, but i don’t compete, i just train long hours at the ranch.

It is not close to the body but i don’t really care in this application. I have my conceal carry holsters for that application and do train with them, but for all day, in and out of the holster, and for rigging down at breaks and lunch and stuff this rig works for me.

belt slide

QLS Locking system

Kind of like this video–but different holster and mag pouches

1 Like

I got lucky. The gun store owner had talked to many people that carry, and recommended one. It’s a FlashBang Capone. It’s a leather/kydex hybrid, that is tuckable. It’s my preferred holster.

2 Likes

FOBUS IWBS -Ruger EC9S
I’m a stocky guy, in other words I have a gut/lovehandles. I was so uncomfortable carrying IWB and I kept buying holsters (4 of them) recommended by different websites. I did not want to carry OWB but it was getting to that point. 6 months ago I was just looking around in one of the local gun shops and found the FOBUS in the clearance bin marked down to $10. I asked the clerk if I could actually just try it for a minute, and he said sure. I put it on and it felt comfortable and the pistol retention was good. So I Googled it while I was in the store and found out it retailed for $45 so I said what the heck for $10 I’ll give it a try. So long story short I started wearing it and found it was the one as they say. Absolutely one of the most comfortable holsters I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

I am still looking for that Unicorn

2 Likes

@DBrogue I found it for you.

Blue or purple, for several different handguns.
:grin:
Sold at the Burly Man Tactical shop.
:muscle: :unicorn: :muscle: :rofl:

2 Likes

Just so you know Unicorn is a metaphor, it should ALWAYS be a Dragon!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Alien Gear ShapeShift did the trick for me.

http://aliengearholsters.com

2 Likes

:grin:
Here you go @DBrogue
https://www.savoyleather.com/product/ancient-dragon/

3 Likes

You and Dawn are really trying to help me spend money!

2 Likes

@DBrogue Why yes. Yes we are. :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!

@Stephen1 - thanks for the great links!

2 Likes

U bet! Figuring out how to attach them was, shall we say interesting…LOL!

2 Likes

My current favorite set up is a vedder kydex holster with blackhawk cqc paddle. It requires some redrilling but conceals very well and is comfortable. I own a few sticky holsters. Not my favorite edc but they have areas in my life that they thrive.

I think it’s safe to say we’re all always on the lookout for the next “the one”

1 Like