Vacation recomendation

I’m looking for my next family vacation target location. The reason I asked it here because I trying to find a place where I could combine extensive handgun&shootgun training(maybe even hunting)with my wife&daughers(pool/open water swimming and so) recreation. Does anybody have something in mind?

1 Like

Ther’es probably places like that all across Texas. Im sure Texas doesn’t have the corner on the market though.

1 Like

I tried to do this once with my wife on one of my “Business Trips” to a shooting facility, it didn’t end well or begin well and a good time was not had by all hands. If the wife and kids are good doing their thing without you then you can pick a school and hunt around for local amenities to stuff them in. My only saving grace was “This is my job and I warned you.” which of course went over like a lead brick.

If they want you to be part of their vacation then don’t even bother with a shooting school.

Full day(s)/week shooting schools for pick a platform(s) will leave you fragged at the end of the day looking for a big ole heaping, steaming, stinking, pile of $h!t with cheese on top, a couple of adult beverages, Motrin, note taking, gear sorting, jamming mags, fixing broke stuff, prepping for tomorrow and a pillow. You would be better off with a gun bud or two so that you can rehash the days events, compare notes and fall into bed at 2100 so you can drag your butt out of bed at 0530 and run through the continental breakfast stuffing portable food into your pockets or for the more experienced folks loading a tray way heavy and pulling out a roll of aluminum foil and building samiches at a table while the other guests give you the stink eye for taking 12 waffles and 18 sausage patties and ALL the cheese not to mention filling your 64oz thermos and 32 oz Tumbler cup with coffee. I have been asked multiple times in multiple places to place an order so I didn’t inconvenience other guests and that has worked out very well.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

But, Texas did just remove all mask requirements and the Governor is pushing to reopen fully. Texas is looking good for a fall vacation.

1 Like

I have been eyeing the Sig Sauer Academy.

New Hampshire in the summer!

2021 EXPO next vacation. 3 days at show 4 days in Texas. .Everyone is :smiley:

2 Likes

@Timur and @MikeHNC Welcome to the community! We are glad to have you! We vacationed in the Orlando area this past November. Wife worked remotely as did the kids. I took advantage of the many opportunities the area had to offer including getting my FL CCW permit. There’s lots of water options for the family. As for you, indoor or out? Take your pick!

2 Likes

Vegas, Viva Las Vegas! Gun ranges, recreation, food, entertainment, pools. Win, Win pull a lever and win! Go to the range and have a blast! Then also there is;
https://www.gunsite.com/ then Grand Canyon

2 Likes

Check this place out in Texas.

1 Like

@Todd30 yhat looks like a great place. I love the Texas Hill Country. Lived there. Great time in our life. I didn’t have resources back then to do this kind of thing. I may look into it to see if I can still expose my sons and daughter to it. My wife too. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Thank you all for the great suggestions!