USCCA price increase

I am a platinum member.

Leslie J. Adams

I just renewed. Getiting pricey in comparison to other venues. I been a member for some time and like everything, cost go up.
I felt it went up more than a few dollars. Spouse add on was a hundred dollars more than last year.
USCCA offers discount for first responders and armed services, but I inquired about myself taking DOJ classes in order to obtain a firearms instructor certificate and or range master along with my wife and I train regularly in conceal carry, marksmanship, cabine, 100 yard, 600yard precision shooting, and self defense scenarios and the customer service rep said they did not offer discounts for other certified instructors, or any other outside training.
Where I am going is that for those who train and instruct are not acknowledged where as the USCCA seems cater to those with less experience. If I am missing something feel free to speak out .

Just got my renewal notice. I don’t see any way online to change from a monthly payment to an annual payment. Is the only way to do that with a phone call?

With the increase in gun ownership you would think the prices would be stable. It is expensive to own a firearm and be a responsible owner. USCCA seems to be unaware of that. I will be looking around for other legal risk mitigations.

1 Like

The level of gun ownership has nothing to do with the costs of running an organization like USCCA. Their prices have been stable for years. In my opinion, the increases are modest and well within reason.

3 Likes

Give us a shout at 877-677-1919, @Shamrock. That will be the easiest way to change from monthly to annual.

We are definitely aware of how expensive firearm ownership, @Larry144. The majority of people who work at the USCCA carry regularly and those who don’t yet are at different stages of their own self-defense journey.

Be sure to check out what has been added to USCCA memberships - you’re not paying more for the exact same membership you had last year. There is a lot of additional value when you renew your membership!

3 Likes

Yearly is the way to go I don’t think they haven’t raised prices in awhile have they? My yearly rate hasn’t changed in a long time.

1 Like

I have been a USCCA member for about 10 years I have always paid by the year, don’t know if my price will increase or not, will find out next month, but for the few dollars it may increase I think it’s worth it. I have NEVER had to use my USCCA benefits “Thank God” but have come close a few times, but always had the thought in the back of my mind that I was protected as long as I did not break the law/be the aggressor. So think about it before you cancel you get A LOT of benefits and peace of mind, just be a law abiding citizen and ALWAYS call your lawyer before saying anything if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need USCCA👍

1 Like

I picked up my increase as I renew, But I chatted with Delta after seeing the posts on here. So I was expecting it as my time came. I spent some time comparing other services. I believe I made the correct choice. I would suggest those who are inclined to support, FPC,GOA or others that may be your choosing.

Just found out about the price increase. Going to drop them. CCW Safe is looking pretty good after this.

Honestly, I think people are being a bit dramatic over a couple dollars. Do they do that with everything? Ammo goes up all the time. Are people going to suddenly say “This is bu****it! I not buying ammo anymore. It’s too expensive.” For what USCCA gives us for coverage and training, I don’t mind paying a little extra. It was only a 2 or 3 dollar increase each month for my Elite membership. Hell, I blow more than that on reloading. I’m definitely sticking around.

4 Likes

Same here. I knew about the increase ahead of it. I spend time chatting also. I spent to 2 years thinking about the USCCA and and others. I spent that reading and researching. Yeah USCCA is my personal choice also. Respect others choices as well.

1 Like

Shawn,

Rodger that, I spend more on ammo and other stuff gun related

I knew a good bit ahead about it. Hanging with USCCA here

Considering the price increase for USCCA membership and coverage, i likened it to my homeowner’s insurance.

I lived in the same home for 28 years and insured it from day one. For 27 years I filed no claims against the policy, yet the price went up every year. Some years had a larger increase than others, but it always went up.

Skip ahead to that 28th year. I filed a claim for total loss of the home and contents, plus associated costs. My carrier paid the claim in full; maximum amounts for each aspect of coverage according to the policy. They even informed me of and paid out on coverages included in the policy that I didn’t even know were there.

Skip ahead a few more months. I now have a new home at the same location. I have the same insurance carrier. The new policy costs about 30% more than the old one, but the coverages are at least twice the previous dollar amounts and there are now several additional items which are now included.

Like most people, I barked and complained about the cost every year at renewal time, but I never considered going without coverage. From time to time I would investigate other carriers to see if I could get the same coverage for fewer dollars. My experience was that if the cost went down by any significant amount, so did the coverage. If the cost went down but the coverage stayed the same (or even went up a little), it would turn out that the underwriter had a notorious history of being difficult to work with, paying claims only grudgingly and only for the absolute least amount they could get away with. A simple check of how many of their clients had to file suit to get any sort of reasonable settlement was alarming.

In the end I learned about the difference between cost and value. I am a self-admitted cheapskate in most things, but I will pay for value when it counts. The USCCA is most definitely one of those times when it counts.

5 Likes

Think about it. When was the last time your auto or homeowners insurance did NOT go up when your policy renewed.
USCCA has stayed the same for several years.
The only time I have seen my insurance rates go down was when they made changes decreasing my coverage or increasing my deductibles.
Also keep in mind that this change coincides with the financial and legal benefits being backed by an insurance policy.

1 Like

I think you came up with a very good explaination,Of the whys and whats. I v’e never lost a home as you did. But just like you, I would not go without coverage. Lots of times when I have been questioned on why I carry it’s pretty much that idea. Better have it and not needit,Than to need it and not have it. Just like homes ins when the time comes will be glad its in the tool box, But hope we never have to use it.
Regards

Thanks, Arnie_W!

1 Like

This statement is a classic false equivalency.

Your homeowners or auto insurance goes up because the value of the home/auto being insured goes up. The liability by the insuror increases, therefore the cost to purchase that liability increases.

Has the insurance coverage value for USCCA gone up to correspond with the increase in cost?

Yes. It has.

1 Like