USCCA price increase

Heads up in case nobody else noticed the USCCA price increase. Monthly price has gone up $4 and now an additional fee of $5 for the month to month payment, so $9 added unless purchased on a yearly basis, would have been nice to be notified.

16 Likes

Agreed. Part of the reason that I am now looking at US Law Shield.

6 Likes

@Crispin - I think you might have an error in your math…and a glitch in your email or postal mail. My Elite membership (I pay monthly) is going up by $2/month. I was notified. The price for an Elite membership hadn’t gone up since I upgraded 2 1/2 years ago.

@moderators - can we get some help for @Crispin?

5 Likes

I also looked into USLS. I wasn’t overly impressed with their Web site, and what they have available in their store. Sure, the important part is the legal representation, but the way they present themselves seems to me to be half-hearted. Do they treat their customers that way when their services are needed?

I’m staying with USCCA.

13 Likes

Mine shows no increase.

2 Likes

You should have received an email and a snail mail letter about 30 days prior to your renewal date, @Crispin. Be sure to check your spam folder in case that email went in the wrong folder. There was a slight change in rates, although annual payment has always had a special rate vs. monthly payments.

Be sure to check out the email or your USCCA account dashboard for all of the additional benefits you receive with the new year of membership - especially the new training material!

5 Likes

LOL! No error, pretty easy to figure the difference when my credit card was being billed for the Platinum at $30 per month then my Jan bill went up to $39.

6 Likes

I didn’t find the email, I suppose I could have deleted it by mistake, did look at the snail mail again and apparently it does say a $5 -$9 increase, guess I missed that, guess I’ll call and change my subscription to annual since I don’t like the additional $5 month to month fee. Still believe they offer the best service.

2 Likes

Done! Opted for the yearly payment to avoid the $5 monthly fee.

2 Likes

Why don’t you just ask me what you want to ask me?

1 Like

Actually, the verse I was thinking about is Matt 7:15.

I won’t be dragged into a discussion without knowing the topic beforehand.

1 Like

I think it’s quite apropos, considering we don’t know each other and you asked a leading question. I won’t play “gotcha.”

If you want to toss credentials around, I took my first IT job almost 42 years ago. So what?

I have seen a lot of software bugs over the years that didn’t look anything at all like something one would expect.

All you have to do is abide by the community guidelines. Asking tough questions is not out of bounds,

2 Likes

Are you referring to something from the USCCA, @Charles250? I’m not seeing any details in the still posted comments, but it looks like @OldGnome responded to a post that was deleted.

I’d love to clear up any misunderstanding! I am not a tech guru by any stretch and may have not understood/explained something clearly. :woman_shrugging: I’m more than happy to reach out to the truly technical people at the USCCA to get a clearer explanation of whatever the question is.

Bring on the questions! We (the moderators) will do our best to answer them. And if we don’t know, we’ll ask the people who have the appropriate expertise here to get you the right information. No one gets blocked for asking a question - even a hard/challenging question - as long as it’s done in a respectful manner and is within the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

Charles felt that claims about email list problems being a software glitch was a lie. When I challenged his assertions, he chose to delete his comments. I don’t expect we’ll see him back again.

3 Likes

Touché’

You are so wrong Christian. I just chose to igbore you…touche’.

{shrug}

1 Like

Haven’t received anything in the snail mail, nothing in e mail, still a few days before the monthly hit my account, will wait and see.

Well, regarding the OP, I personally expect all companies to raise the price of their products. That’s how the free market works. I would not like it if prices were fixed by the government.

If prices have not gone up in 3 years as one mentioned, with the average inflation rate at , lets say 3% per year, that we should expect an increase of at least 9% to make up for the other years.

2 Likes

Uscca now has 2,000, 000 coverage at all membership levels. If you don’t participate in the different training opportunities offered at the different levels, you could always drop down a level if you are currently at elite or platinum. Also, don’t forget to ask about the veterans discount if applicable. I think uscca offers great value, even with the slight increase.

3 Likes