USCCA Community Ask Me Anything - Tim Kennedy

We would like to welcome our June Ask Me Anything guest, Tim Kennedy.

Tim has a laundry list of impressive credentials, from Special Forces, professional MMA fighting, to assisting in the Afghanistan evacuation, we are honored to have him as a partner here at the USCCA.

We are very thankful to him for taking some time out of his day to answer questions from our community.

If you’re looking for your next great read, and would like to support Tim, check out Scars and Stripes.

• To submit your question, simply leave a reply to this topic thread.
  • Please follow our community guidelines when submitting questions.
  • Tim will try to answer all the questions he can in the hour we have.

Have fun, and we hope you enjoy!

9 Likes

Tim,

Thanks for doing this AMA. I’ve been a fan of MMA since I was 14, which is now almost two decades ago now… One of my favorite fights of yours was on Fight for the Troops 3 where you headlined and KOed Natal, such an awesome atmosphere. Stuff like that even got me further into the sport and grappling… I have been training off and on for years now, and was about to get my purple belt in BJJ before I had a kid and needed to take some time off for that and letting some injuries heal. Hoping to head back soon though.

My question for you actually has to do with what I mentioned above. I’m a new father, and I am afraid for how soft society is becoming. What advice do you give to new dads when it comes to lessons and guidance for kids?

Thank you for being an unapologetic representative of what a man could become through hard work, grit, and dedication. If you ever find yourself in the DC/Baltimore area, I’ll buy you a beer.

4 Likes

My pleasure. I am proud to be part of the USCCA family and everything it stands for.

6 Likes

Society is becoming soft. But that doesn’t mean that we have to become soft with it. Individual responsibility and our ability to protect and defend our family isn’t just something we want to do it is now in a Saturday. Never forget that our children see everything that we do. They need to see us train. They need to see a sweat. They need to see us work. They need to see us struggle.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @Tim_Kennedy and thank you for your service

5 Likes

I love this family and love what I do.

4 Likes

Understood sir! Thanks for that.

Unrelated, thoughts on the Sig P365XL? I finally got a license to carry in my state, and it would be used purely for that purpose.

3 Likes

How often do you train at the gun range?

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Mike0103 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

I’m reading your book, pretty raw so far, what was your purpose in writing it?

2 Likes

I love sick. Obviously we use the M 17 the military. I have a Sig 226 legion. I love the full frame size of the P3 65 XL also being chambered and then millimeter.

2 Likes

Brian212

2m

Welcome to the family brother @Omar9 and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Brian212

2m

Go to the range at least once a week but I dry fire nearly every day. There’s lots of aspects and skills that need to be kept fresh. Perishable skills such as situational awareness fundamentals of marksmanship, navigation, driving, the list goes on and on and on… you have to be strategic on how you spend your time

3 Likes

Thank you, sir! I’m hoping to be a dangerous dad someday.

1 Like

Thank you all for joining us this evening!

We have a few questions that were submitted to our Instagram story we’ll be throwing in as you all are typing up questions.

2 Likes

Omar9

3m

I’m reading your book, pretty raw so far, what was your purpose in writing it?

We are living in a time where everything is curated, fake, and filters are used for every picture. I thought it was an important moment for people to see how everyone’s struggles, how everyone fails, how everyone hurts, and how everyone can get back up. There’s no clever little bit of advice at the end of chapters. All you get is RaulK, vulnerable, real humanity.

4 Likes

Shooting that often much get costly. Do you have access to ammo at a discount?

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on all the pressure politicians and a good chunk of our society want to ban certain firearms? Do you think banning certain firearms will effect citizenry readiness say it ever comes a time we have to defend ourselves against our own government?

2 Likes

here’s another one what would you say about personal security and self-defense if the state you live in restricts so much of it? For example, not a lot of folks can live in an open-carry state like TX, so how are folks supposed to be defenders of their families if the state limits so much of what people can do on their own?