What Drives an Empowered Protector? | USCCA's Podcast for Protectors

The belief that you have to buy into, and it’s true, is how rewarding this life is when you start putting the time into it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/what-drives-an-empowered-protector/
1 Like

Join the USCCA and self-defense expert, Special Forces Operator, TV Host and MMA fighter Tim Kennedy this Thursday at 7 p.m. CT. Hear how Tim dedicated his life to protecting the innocent and how you can get the skills and confidence you need to do the same.

Join us Thursday at 7 p.m. CT for a chat with Tim Kennedy!

2 Likes

Is there a special invitation link?

1 Like

It was in the initial post, @Jeff16. You should be able to see the replay in that initial post as well. (Click to expand for all of the content.)

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m providing feedback in the right place but, I started watching the video featuring Tim Kennedy and turned it off after 4 minutes. This smart-ass approach to being a killer and “if your a good guy you don’t have anything to worry about but if you’re a bad guy I’m going to kill you”, and I’m such a bad-ass I drove here in my Abrams tank crap is exactly what turns off the on-the-fence people and makes anti-gunners dig in their heels harder. What a big blow hard. How do you think this guy makes us look better or makes us more effective? I love everything about the USCCA… until this guy came on. I don’t know why he had to be introduced this way, but based on first impressions I’ll not be watching anything involving him in the future.

I would encourage you to start watching again at the 6 minute mark, Mr. Kennedy starts talking about what he does to combat sex trafficking of kids and how his organization is helping save them.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, @Glenn15. I agree with @Annette1 and would encourage you to keep watching the video.

Tim Kennedy isn’t your typical every-day-Joe. He has had very different experiences than the majority of people (special forces, MMA fighter, and TV host) and he is using what he’s learned to help battle human trafficking and be his family’s protector.

I’ve had the opportunity to meet Tim and he’s incredibly high energy and driven and he’s using that drive and energy to help everyone. He has accomplished a lot in his life and there are things we can learn from his experiences.

Not all personalities are going to resonate with everyone and that’s OK. I would encourage you to give a listen a bit further into the podcast, @Glenn15. You may change your mind about him.