USCCA and Washington State

Man I’m right there with you Matt. I too am an instructor with the USCCA. And just seeing the responses thus far it’s disheartening. Feels like there is not hope and like you said 1639 offered check off a box classes no one is interested in our “high prices” compared.
We have been so slow since 1639 and because the uscca chose to withdraw, being an affiliate means pretty much nothing either. The education market is absolutely dead in WA when it comes to firearms training since 1639. Everyone just wants some quick fix to the red tape to be put up.

2 Likes

I completely understand that, @Taylor5. The way I look at it is putting a bandaid on a bullet wound is a quick fix, but it doesn’t really fix the situation. Legal red tape may not be a bullet wound, but it can have serious consequences if it’s not handled correctly.

I cannot imagine the frustration, but we are working diligently to find a solution that will hold up to all of the red tape scrutiny.

1 Like

@Dawn Now that the USCCA has been fined are the definitively done insuring in Washington state?

1 Like

Story here. At least one version of it.

2 Likes

I have no official word on that at this point, @Jared2. I am waiting with bated breath to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today’s where we part ways my plan is up. I really do hope USCCA stays to fight this in our state as other companies are, it would help restore my faith. After being booted from the grandfathered in silver tier however, I doubt I would come back on the much higher cost gold tier even if things change. I wish you guys luck and hope you make the right choice.

3 Likes

I can tell you we don’t give up - it’s not in Tim’s nature to give up. We all want to be there for responsibly armed Americans!

Keep watching here - I’ll share any information I can as soon as I get an update!

2 Likes

Just read this thread after having received a phone call from USCCA re: loss of membership benefits. My disappointment and frustration in losing my protections under the USCCA umbrella pale in comparison to my anger at the state of Washington in general, and the insurance commissioner in particular. WA has steadily and egregiously become a state where individual liberty gets stomped on; the OIC being just another in a long line of state entities/office/agencies that continue to enact ever-restrictive, liberty-crushing laws and policies.

Listening to Larson’s interview with Kreidler further cemented my already firm belief that the IC has to be, outside of Jay Inslee, the most obtuse public official in Olympia.

Hoping that behind the scenes there is an overwhelming legal response to this, given that Kreidler himself admits that his interpretation is solely based on the assumption that ANY use of force is ILLEGAL, and therefore “qualifies” as insuring criminal behavior. I have no idea if there have been any steps taken in this manner, but … perhaps a class action suit could be filed alongside the NRA, Lockton Affinity, and any other entity that the OIC has targeted … which of course, in the end, is we as individuals.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Mark150. I’m sorry it’s under these circumstances. :frowning:

The press release from the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner can be seen in @txradioguy’s post from earlier today:

As soon as I have more information, I’ll be sharing it here!

3 Likes

@txradioguy summed the situation up accurately and succinctly.

2 Likes

I live in WA and was unable to renew my membership. I was shocked to find out why. I truly appreciate what USCCA does and stands for and hope people in other states take advantage of their services before the anti 2A folks get into their politics too.

2 Likes

I find it difficult to believe the State Ins. Comm, is actually this clueless as to the law.

DWI is an intentional act. Under the law if you harm someone while intoxicated or damage their property it is an intentional criminal act.

I’d like to be generous and believe the guy truly was this clueless but if he is, he needs to resign immediately and refund the state treasury everything he’s been paid since taking office.

2 Likes

Somewhere on here is a link to a radio interview with him on the subject… hes got an agenda and hes sticking to it, no matter what shape he has to twist himself into. It was a spectacular example of being deliberately obtuse, quite shocking to anyone with even rudimentary logic skills.

I’m just going with shamefully embarrassing performance on his part. Hes got his story and hes sticking to it, facts and logic be damned.

2 Likes

I listened to it, it was pathetic.

2 Likes

We are working hard to find a way to offer USCCA Memberships to our awesome family in Washington State, @Rodney1. As soon as we have a way, you will know!

Glad to have you in the Community!

1 Like

I reside in the state of Washington also, which I’m starting to regret more and more with each passing year, because of similar issues like this where I feel my rights and liberties are being infringed upon.

I’ve got time on my hands, and I’m wondering is there anything I can personally do to let the sad excuse of an insurance commissioner in this state know that I, and others like me want our voices heard, and want sensible arguments as to why USCCA can work in every other state in the union except Washington State, New York, New Jersey (I believe). The latter two I won’t present any arguments for.

I can go up to the commissioners office and ask for their position regarding this matter, in writing. I can ask for current status, find out next steps (if they’re cooperative) in the process, and post that information here. I can do that next week, God willing. Key in all of this is knowing the right questions to ask.

Prior to doing any of this though, I would need to reference the bill, legislation, legal position, whatever they are using to impose these hardships on USCCA’s Washington State members. Could you please state that for us, so will know exactly are we up in arms against (pun intended):smirk:. Also, any questions that should be asked. Thanks.

Paying them a visit, soon as I find out. I’ll be cordial. Most times, you get more bees🐝 with honey🍯, but I do want some answers from these people. This is beyond annoying.

Thanks in advance Dawn🙂

2 Likes

Let me see what data I can get for you on Monday, @Paul102! I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to share, but I’ll do my best for you!

1 Like

Thanks Dawn, I didn’t see this response until just now. I REPOSTED a similar message again, which in light of your response here, may have been unnecessary. For that I apologize. I’m just so peeved by this whole thing and I’m just to where I really want to fight back, or see USCCA fight hard to retain the members they have in WA, and not cave to tyrants like MK in WA.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t respond on Monday, @Paul102, I had a family emergency and was unable to talk to the team as I was moderating remotely for a few days.

After talking to the team, all I am able to tell you at this point is we are working with the department to define a mutually agreeable resolution. We ask for your support and patience as we need to take the lead on this.

I know that’s not what you want to hear and I wish I had more for you, but at this point, that’s all I know.

1 Like

Hi, my membership is going to expire in ~33 days. I’m just wondering if there has been any progress with the WA State insurance commissioners? And if not does anyone know of any organizations out there that are currently accepting WA State residents?

Thank You.

1 Like