Two more free states

In case you haven’t heard, two more states now allow law abiding citizens to exercise their constitutional rights without permission from the government. South Carolina’s constitutional carry bill was signed by Governor McMasters with immediate effect as I understand (but of course if you live there you probably want to confirm) and Louisiana’s law signed earlier this week with an effective date of July 4th (how appropriate!).

22 Likes

Hello and welcome @Robert1418

6 Likes

Roberto, ‘Como tey va?’ Is that States (29) and (30)? askin’ for an amigo!

Excellent First post too you Topic starter you! :crazy_face:
(You were a ‘high’ achiever in HS weren’t you?)
Mi dos pesos
adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

3 Likes

Huzzah!

4 Likes

Yes, I am a resident and it went into effect immediately.

5 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome Robert1418. Yea, us!

4 Likes

Welcome @Robert1418 !

Thanks for the good news!

Colorado is an “open carry “ state with some stupid laws concerning what is “concealed” so it’s best to have the permit here. Permits are a “Shall issue” basis, meaning you don’t need a reason to apply. If they don’t have a valid reason to deny it they’re obligated to approve.

Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

No, only numbers 28 and 29. I hear NY or maybe California would be number 30 :rofl:

7 Likes

I think SC is the same way - open carry only but at least it’s a start

3 Likes

Interesting. Louisiana recognizes Texas LTC, allows open carry when over 18. In my understanding, I have a Texas LTC and I am over 18, so I can open carry or conceal carry. So what is different?

4 Likes

Welcome to our Community sir!

3 Likes

Byron-while you have a LTC from Texas which LA recognizes, you won’t need to have it to carry in LA when the law goes into effect.

4 Likes

Prior to 7/4/24, Louisiana residents require a permit to CC. Nonresidents in Louisiana, that reside in a constitutional carry state can not exercise their constitutional right to cc without an honored permit in Louisiana. For you, having a Texas ltc, nothing changes as to the reciprocity with Louisiana.

5 Likes

@Robert1418 Welcome to the community, and yes that’s great to hear that South Carolina is now the 29th State to be a Constitutional Carry State. Hopefully, more will follow.

4 Likes

Well, not really for SC. There are so many restrictions and quid pro quos added by the dems that it’s really not constitutional carry.

2 Likes

Louisiana is a permitless carry state only for Active miltary and veterans only! Average citizen who aren’t veterans, must have a permit.

1 Like

Yes that is the current law but will change on July 4, 2024.

2 Likes

And open carry is allowed if you"re over 21 years old currently.

1 Like

I suspect that’s because you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in Louisiana. Possession of a handgun is a little different here though… being from TX originally, I’ve come to the conclusion that some of the laws here were made while drunk…considering you can buy alcohol literally everywhere… exhibit “A”: 7 drive through daiquiri places within 15 minutes of my house…

1 Like