Two general suggestions

@Dawn I have two general suggestions for USCCA.

1. An easy way to opt out of the physical copy of the magazine. I prefer the digital version on my iPad :slight_smile: Right now I bring the print copy to the monthly meeting at the gun club and ask a random person if they are a member of USCC and if they say no I give the magazine to them. My motorcycle organization (GWRRA) recently made this change as well. NRA also does this.

This reduces mailing costs, printing costs, and is better for the environment.

1. An email saying the digital version of the magazine has been posted. Especially for those that opt out of the physical copy.

If you could pass along these suggestions I’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

14 Likes

I can take care of the first one for you in the morning when I’m back at a computer - we’ve have the digital only option for a while. Although, I do love the fact that you’re spreading the word about the USCCA by sharing the magazine :heart_eyes:

I will ask about the email when the magazine is posted on your dashboard. I like that idea a lot!

Thanks @BJP!!

6 Likes

I do the same as @BJP and give the hard copy to different friends to read. Everyone loves to see it. Last weekend we had 15 different guys for a kayak/camping weekend and they all read through the magazine.

6 Likes

i would like to receive the printed copy. I only see the digital copy as a option.

8 Likes

Not speaking for USCCA but as a member/instructor let me say great suggestion.

In the early 90’s a discussion a I had with a professor where I posited that fifty years from now we’d probably see the death of nearly all print material other than that which we downloaded due to the expected growth in the internet.

Keep in mind, at that time there was really no functional internet like we have today and online activity was basically reserved for DOE/Intel and Military along with DOD related contractors and academics.

It led to hours of discussion and quite a few papers.

At the time, the only windows we had were those we looked through … .

I’m thinking my proposed timescale was pretty accurate.

5 Likes

@Ryan4, you should be getting a hard copy of the magazine mailed to you 8 times a year. You may have missed the May/June mailing date cut off based on the date you joined. I believe the July issue is on it’s way to the printer or at the printer now - but don’t 100% quote me on that. :smiley:

You should be getting one in the next month. I’ll check back with you a month from now to make sure you got your hard copy!

3 Likes

Have you gotten your Concealed Carry Magazine yet, @Ryan4?

4 Likes

yes i did. waiting for my girlfriend to give it back :crazy_face:

thank you

8 Likes

I like the printed copy, but I don’t need the mail person or my neighbors who see me pulling it out of my lock box as they get their “good house keeping” knowing what I receive in terms of magazines. Put a cover on it.

5 Likes

@PRVRB243 This is an old topic and not likely to go anywhere. If you have a suggestion or idea
address it to @moderators or call 1-800-674-9779 and some one will answer your question.
Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@PRVRB243 I will send you a DM so that we can get that taken care of for you!

@BRUCE26, thank you for tagging us!

1 Like

PS: if you get five or more members set set up with a USCCA partnership
You can get a discount.
Call Jacob, outside sales 888-617-5834 USCCA
YOU CAN ALSO STACK YOUR DISCOUNTS IE:

• military vet.
  • pay in Advance.
    Don’t know why more people don’t know about this.
3 Likes

I look forward to receiving a hard copy each month. Digital is okay, but I prefer the hard copy as I refer to the many good articles in my training classes. I also make copies for my students.

2 Likes

Is there a place within these community forums to discuss the apps USCCA provides (USCCA, TrainUSCCA & Reciprocity) and possible feature requests/improvements to them?

1 Like

Yes there is, just go to the play store app and type in USCCA and i do believe the other apps will be in there.

2 Likes

No electrons were harmed in the posting of this comment

1 Like