January 2020 President's Message

Tim mentions a piece by Ed on home security about knowing how to react to a stranger knocking on the door in the middle of the night.

I remember the article, but unfortunately, it’s one of those things that should have, but didn’t stick and I’d very much like to review it again.

Rather than go searching through stacks of my CC magazines, is there anyone who can point me in the direction to review that article digitally/electronically on line?

Thanks guys

2 Likes

@fox Try October 2017 I think that is the one you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert. I can use that info as a last resort if I have to. But what I’m searching for is the digital on-line version if it’s available. See, I’m working on 70 years old and the back just absolutely kills me having to bend and get at my magazines the way I have ‘em all stored in small book cases and I’m trying to avoid that. yeah…I’m snivelin’ a bit here as well as being laaaazy…lol…but…if there’s anything I can do to keep from exerting my back, I’ll take it…lol…Thank you for what you provided. Much appreciated Robert.

2 Likes

@fox Sir, I get it, I understand your pain. I I also have a little pain, mostly in my left hand and left hip but I’m not worried about it. But just go to the USCCA App and under the heading of CCM at the very bottom of the screen you can find the digital version of the October 2017 Concealed Carry magazine. Or otherwise call customer service ask them to possibly mail you that issue if they have it. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Thank you Robert. Appreciated. But…LOL…ur’ gonna’ hate me for this…lol…
but when I go to the app, and I’m assuming you mean the phone app and not on line with the computer, I tried as you stated, but I don’t see that CCM heading anywhere at the very bottom of the screen that you mention and I additionally attempted scrolling the screen as well. I spent some time with it and just couldn’t find it. Your first thought might be that because of my age that I’m not finding it 'cause I’m not too computer literate or digitally technological, but I am. I’ve been using computers and cell phones since they first came to market, so I’ve been with the learning curve since the very beginning, so it’s not that. But, it could be my age is affecting my inability to see things right under my nose though…hahaha… But alas, it just may come down to biting the bullet and hunting and searching for the magazine in my collection. Maybe that will force me to finally catalog the collection in that I finally file them away in correct monthly and yearly dates then. I find there’s always good that comes out of those things that I initially find a pain to start. But thank you again for sticking with me on this. I still appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

2 Likes

You’re a member right Mr Fox?
Call customer service ask them for a copy of the article; you don’t need the entire magazine. They will mail it to you. Or let me try something here.
Do you see at the bottom of the screen on the phone:
Newsfeed -Reciprocity - CCM - Account -More. on the bottom?

1 Like

@Robert8 I can only go back one year on my Dashboard:

2 Likes

@Gary_H. Oh Ok; Mine goes all the way to Year 2004

2 Likes

Access is different for different levels of membership.

@fox - where did you see/hear Tim mention that? Can you give me any more detail about the article? I’d love to search the exact article for you. I can share it here as a picture or PDF.

1 Like

Oh! Got you Dawn @Dawn Thank You for clearing that one up

1 Like

@Dawn I found it for him because he said he was older and doesn’t get around as well as he used to be able

1 Like

@Dawn

Current Jan 2020 issue, President’s Message, page 6, ending of second column in the center at the bottom and continuing to the top of the page in the third column.

Also, you mentioned something about different access with different levels of Membership.

My question now is this. Membership began with three levels. I initially chose the highest level there was at the time. Since then, the levels have been revised and the lowest level remove and a new level added which is the NEW highest level. My level then became the middle level. Does that mean my access is now limited to middle level while the highest level now gets more, something that I USED to have as the highest level in the beginning???

Thanks Dawn

2 Likes

OK. I missed it. I’m very literal, binary and lateral thinking and that gets in the way of my ability to communicate because my semantics are engraved in granite and that doesn’t allow me the mental leeway to be able to read intended thought a lot of times.

Because of semantics, I mistook the bottom of the page to be literal and that’s where I was looking.

I found the Newsfeed -Reciprocity - CCM - Account -More. on the bottom as you stated, but it was at the top left under the hamburger bar hashes.

I got it now finally Robert. Thank you again.

2 Likes

@fox Yes Sir! You’re rollin’ now. Happy Weekend

1 Like

U 2 sir. Thank you again…

2 Likes

We’re all here for you

2 Likes

Thank you. God only knows I need all the help I can get now…hahaha…

2 Likes

You’re doing great

1 Like

Yes, there were changes to the benefits (different access to passed issues of magazines is one difference).

Let me see if I can find that article for you!

The awesome Mr. Ed Combs is going to find it for us! He said it was “a ways back”.

2 Likes

WOW! Ed is speedy!!! This would have taken me hours to find! :slight_smile:

KNOCK KNOCK
Gatekeepers Beware
May/June 2015
Pages 90-95

Here’s the content, not including the pictures for ease of reading on here, click on the picture to see it full size:
Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

And here’s the whole article in an easy to read, downloadable PDF:
may-jun-2015.pdf (1.1 MB)

1 Like