Turkish-Made Pistols

The Turks are producing some interesting handguns and shotguns these days - two companies you might want to check out are ERMOX and GIRSAN offerings. The Ermox “X-Fire” is a 9mm striker-fire with an aluminum frame that’s compatible with the Glock 19’s barrel and several magazines. Graham Baates does one of his two-part GBGuns reviews on this, and he tests 8 or 9 magazines for fit, and mixes them up during his range tests. Girsan now offers their MC14-T, Beretta 86 clone in 3.8" and 4.5" barrels - the longer-barreled model is called the “Lady”, and comes with optional wooden grips as well. They’re worth looking at just for their design innovations. FYI

4 Likes

P.S. - I forgot to add that the Ermox also comes with TruGlo “Fiber-Optic”, 3-dot, combat-style sights as a standard feature, too - red front, green rear - as well as an extra set of red grips. For $350, it looks like an outright steal in a 9mm, according to its reviews.

2 Likes

isn’t the canik turkish made??? hear many proclaim it is an excellent pistol???

also a good value for the money???

2 Likes

Turkish pistols and ammo are great.
You only must know what’s worth the price.
Canik, Girsan, Sarsilmaz… those are tested and confirmed to be a great manufacturers. Good support in USA, also holsters are available.
I’m not sure if other Turkish products, even looking good, can be easily equipped with accessories needed.

3 Likes

I like my omega p12. It’s a pump action 12 gauge I got with a ton of rounds through it. I don’t see many reviews on it but I haven’t had any problems with it at all. $250 can’t be beat and it does just as much as any other shotgun. Turkish made and when I bought it I was brand new in firearms. If I knew then what I know now I probably would have passed on it thinking this must be a cheap p.o.s. Goes to show, sometimes instincts can trump ignorance.

4 Likes

I suspect that some of the Turkish made firearms use the machinery and methods acquired from other, better known firearms makers. For example, the Tisas Fatih B380 is basically a clone of the Beretta 84 Cheeta.

But, I have a hard time sending my firearms money to firms in places like Turkey that are or have been contributors to global killing, instability and totalitarian practices. After all, it’s my money, and if I can choose to spend it where ever I wish, why should I enrich folks like Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his regime?

2 Likes

Don’t overlook the SAR-USA (Sarsilmaz) offerings. Very sturdy and dependable, and the price is right.

2 Likes

To that I’d say that every country that has ever existed that mass produced firearms at some point was involved in some kind of mass genocide and tyrannical behavior.

1 Like

True enough, but I am still free to choose where I spend my money.

3 Likes

That is an absolute fact!

1 Like

Repair parts are an issue with these manufacturers as is their support.It is nearly impossible to find anything from any of the normal sources. I have made it a point, because of that and formentioned issues, to not purchase anything but good old fashioned name brand products.

1 Like

I order parts from Canik all the time. No issues. I’ve never needed anything fixed, it’s all just been upgrading.

1 Like

I got the canik tp9sa and the sar cm9 gen2 both are great pistols

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Pat22

1 Like

I can’t speak for most of the makers mentioned, but I’ve had very good customer service from SAR-USA. I had some trouble with spare magazines that I purchased from them. After contacting them I sent them back and they replaced them immediately. They have always answered my questions promptly and completely. That’s better than I can say for some other manufacturers closer to home.

3 Likes

I own two Canik pistols. The TP9SF & the compact as well. They are a joy to shoot. The triggers are some of the best of ALL my pisols including some very high end firearms. I can’t speak to all of the Turkish firearms but the Canik is a quality pistol that I have no problem recommending.

5 Likes