Best handgun made in Turkey?

In your opinion, what is the best handgun made in Turkey? Do you own one?

CANIK TP9

Never owned one because the original product - Walther was much better :ok_hand:

An interesting article on Turkey and Turkish firearms. :tr:

I have a Stoeger str-9. Great gun but aftermarket is almost nonexistent. Extra mags are just now starting to become available.

I use it as my EDC but considering upgrading.

I have between 1100 and 1200 rounds through it.

If I don’t upgrade I will be adding night sights.

I would highly recommend getting the model with the night sights from the factory.

2 Likes

I bought a Canik TP9sf & I am not kidding. it feels & shoots like a high dollar gun. The trigger is amazing, it has never failed and it’s a damn good looking pistol to boot! I am flipping slap happy with this $369 gem. Love it!!! The stock sights are blackout rear with a “U” cut and the front sight fits in the cut perfectly. I put tritium on mine but really liked the stock sights. There is a bit of effortless take up on the trigger but it’s smooth as silk & the reset is short & you can really feel it. It’s a fast & accurate shooter that holds 18+1 with two high quality mags, a holster, cleaning rod & brush with a larger back piece for large hands like mine. I highly recommend this pistol

2 Likes

Canik TP9SFx. It’s mod’ed for USPSA & Steel Challenge Carry Optics division and I mounted a Triicon SRO.

They are outstanding firearms with excellent triggers out of the box. The trigger can be made much better by adding a Freedomsmith trigger.

Best “bang-for-the-buck” firearms you can find.

2 Likes

The SAR-USA (Sarsilmaz) Model B6 is a really terrific pistol. It is tough, accurate, ergonomic, and smooth. 9mm, 17 +1, comes with 2 mags, and has never failed, Even in this market you can find these for less than $350 retail. I don’t hesitate to recommend it highly and will put it up against many of the higher priced competitors; you get just as much gun for $100-$200- even $300 less. The only possible downside (for some folks) may be that it has no rail for accessories. No

Just my thoughts based on experience. YMMV.

2 Likes

thanks

I’d rather not support Erdogan’s national economy by purchasing Turkish products (or from the PRC) if at all possible.
I guess I’m wierd that way.

2 Likes

For people who don’t care about Erdogan:

SARUSA is giving $30 rebate for SAR9 model.
Additionally this pistol can be bought for $250 this month. (Palmetto State Armory).

Seems to be the best handgun on the market within that price range these days.

1 Like

This one…

I do not care about the internal affairs of other countries. America and Americans should not judge other countries by American standards or try to force democracy on other countries.

3 Likes

:point_up:
This…

I’d like to see this post as a sticky one on few threads at this Community… :wink:

1 Like

just do it

Canik TP9 sfx - If you ever get a chance to shoot one, you won’t regret it. They have the smoothest trigger right out of the box and have great optics. I bought one that came with a Vortex Viper red dot and it is a tack driver. Get one before the prices start to increase. I’m kicking myself for wait as long as I did. I could have probably saved myself $200 if I would have purchased it a few years ago. Awesome gun for the money. Awesome gun for any price.