Tucking in shirt iwb tuckable holster

I have a Crossbreed supertuck and tuck on occasion (when I really want to portray I’m not carrying) but prefer to use it untucked.

The main difference (for me) is the draw from tuck. You really need to practice it, because you’re going to really need to clear that shirt (at least I do). I’m much more “aggressive” with my shirt clear when I’m tucked than I am when it’s untucked because I have to pull the shirt not only out of the tuck clips of the holster, but out of my pants/belt.

So when I do tuck, I make sure to minimize the amount of material around the holster and cheat a little on my strong side by not tucking my shirt as deep in my pants as I do on my weakside (or if I wasn’t carrying).

Hope that all makes sense. All that to say if you’re going to tuck…make sure you practice your draw from the tuck and don’t cheat when at the range.

That’s been my experience.

Post Script Edit:
Advantages: really projects that you’re not carrying, don’t have to worry about your firearem showing if you reach up to a shelf or something (although the holster clips are evident to anyone who knows about those things, but undetectable by the average person.

Disadvantages: More complicated draw, potentially slower draw time, increased chance of draw/clothing malfunction…

Which is why I prefer to carry untucked (for me function trumps fashion), but there are times when tucked is more desirable look just make sure you practice. (have I mentioned that yet?)