IWB holster for casual attire and suits?

Hello everyone, This is my first time in this forum. I wanted to state a scenario and ask your opinion about the gear selection. I wore a suit for a Father Daughter event and I wanted to take my gun. Springfield XD 2.0. My normal IWB holster was not too big to conceal but I would not be able to take my jacket off with my holster being visible. My dilemma: I have seen the ankle carry holsters, waist band carry holsters, under the arm shoulder rigs as well as the appendix carry.

I plan to change my weapon to the Smith and Wesson shield 45 or the Springfield Hellcat in the near future. It seems feasible to consider the urban carry Gen 3 and use an ankle holster for the additional magazines and first aid kit or just carry in an ankle holster. I am an avid IWB holster guy can you suggest a IWB holster that can be worn with slacks and a polo shirt tucked in as well as a full suit with jacket off. I would appreciate the response. I know the negative press the urban carry has gotten but it seems to be the one holster that can provide my needs based on the clothing choices. Thank you and I look forward to your response.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Andre11! I think your question was different enough from the topic where you originally posted it so I created a new thread for it. Hope you don’t mind! I think this will get more attention as a new topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And this topic may be one for you to watch as well: Working conceal carry - #7 by Brad

Check out Muddy River Tactical, and order the tuckable clip. I use one every day with jeans and a button down shirt tucked in. Carrying an M&P9 2.0 compact.

image001.gif

Here’s the link for you: https://muddyrivertactical.com/

Get a tuckable holster. I can wear dress pants, shirt, jacket and tie and no one ever no I’m carrying a double stack .45. Mine is a Flashbang Capone, but most reputable holster makers have some variation of a tuckable set up.

2 Likes

I carry a shield 45 in a crossbreed supertuck iwb that fits pretty well under a suit. When I"m in a tux, the Sig 938 is my choice with either a Desantis speed scabbard or a sticky ankle holster/pocket holster (does double duty). I hate the tux, but fundraisers are what they are.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’m checking it out right now.

1 Like

I don’t mind. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. I. Checking the sig as we speak.

It depends on the model o pistol you are wanting your Urban Carry holster to hold. I have one sitting on floor of my safe right now, because the model they recommended for my Glock 30 will not engage the trigger guard.

I’ve conditioned the heck out of mine, stretched it. Don’t tell anyone :innocent: I even actually read the instructions. It just won’t engage. If you have a double stack pistol plan on putting only your phone in that pocket as it does make it look like you are shoplifting.

1 Like

That would not be cool. I’m glad you mentioned that. It sucks that it doesn’t work. It seemed like a good concept .I wanted so much to hear that it works. Nothing beats a solid holster. I appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Several options.

Crossbreed and Alien Gear both have tuckable IWB. Comfortable, but you should try each to see which works best for you.
I have worn an Alien Gear with a shirt tucked, and it is perfectly fine, though I generally wear my shirts untucked.
Age has added extra waist line.

3 Likes

I am currently using a Cross breed holster. I think I will try out the alien gear this next round. I appreciate your input. Thank you.

1 Like

Does anyone know the difference between the alien gear and crossbreed? I wanted to get another alien gear holster this month (I have the IWB 4.0 shapeshifter) but their website said the soonest I can get it is may 30th. I tried calling them and they shut their phone down.

I was debating on getting a crossbreed. I’ve wanted to try one, and I’ve heard nothing but good about them.

I have a crossbreed holster for my Springfield XD 2.0 45cal. I’ve had this holster for about three years now. The cut is good but the front part of the holster digs into my side a bit. Even today after being worn in. If I could cut off about an inch it would be perfect. A friend showed me his alien gear holster and the features are simpler and I feel is a little better than crossbreed. The layout of the holster is to the point and comfortable. The holster provides the support for the weapon and leaves no excess material and in my opinion, would provide better support. If you could do a visual comparison take a look at the holster side by side if you could and see if one holster is cut wider than the other and you will see what I am saying unless crossbreed has updated their holsters and addressed this issue. Hope this was helpful.

1 Like

I don’t know what a super cut is–I have both the super tuck and the reckoning–the supertuck for a shield and a ruger 57 and the reckoning for a 1911 with an RMR. I like them both. The reckoning allows for the holster to move with your body more than the super tuck. I haven’t worn the reckoning for a whole day yet, but when I have worn it, it’s comfortable. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I think I’m leaning towards the reckoning. I think the size will make it a bit easier to put on and store holstered. I also like that it can be used owb. I really plan to use that function, but I like options. That being said, I’ve watched some videos and it looks like the super tuck would be more comfortable. Could you verify any of this owning both?

1 Like

I am on the newer side of CCW, I carry everyday with an IWB holster. I don’t understand how you can carry with an IWB holster with a tucked in shirt. I have looked at the suggestions here and don’t see a difference between a Tuckable and a everyday IWB. How does it hide the gun? Honestly, what am I missing. Not being sarcastic, just don’t see how that works.

1 Like

There are tuck-able IWB holsters. The clips on these holsters are designed to allow a shirt to be tucked over the holster gun and into the pants.

1 Like