IWB holster for casual attire and suits?

What about “printing” of the handgun itself then? How accessible is the weapon with it? Thank you for the explanation of how a Tuck-able works. None of the photos online at those sites show someone wearing them, which is were my confusion came from. Thank again.

1 Like

He demonstrates about a minute in. He carries IWB but it works at other carry positions as well. Probably won’t work well with full size gun, and not every shirt will work depending on how you carry. But it can be done. It can easily be done with a button up shirt with a suit jacket.

(Edit) I forgot the link :rofl::joy:

With a quality holster, designed to be tuckable, it’s not hard. I’m 6’1”, 280ish, and can do it. The only person that ever noticed, is a good friend and fellow carrier. He’s also a retired SWAT member/police chief. He noticed the extra clips near my belt loops on my pants. With a jacket/sport coat, it’s invisible. I could carry a duty pistol in my “dress” clothes.

IWB holsters are like shoes, they can look good but, be so uncomfortable. Details of what you should look for, Secure, the most important! It should stay where it is intended to stay and be easily drawn when needed. It must stay put if you do somersaults and come out only when you want it to. The second and just as important, is it comfortable? Because you will not wear it if it is uncomfortable. The best holsters are the ones you do not feel like you are carrying.
I would suggest the one I use but, if you do not weight over 300 lbs. and over six feet tall with a 40" waist and a 65 inch chest it would not be the same.

2 Likes

Around here, those of us in this size have been referred to as “Sasquatch” size. :grin:

Here you go. This a was a quick pic, with a Carhartt tshirt. The rig, tucked, and untucked. Works better with thinner shirts and more than 3 minutes to situate it.

1 Like

I believe in the tuckable IWB holster the clip is made differently. There is a part of it that goes in your pants belt and the other sticks up for your shirt to be tucked into it.

There’s a gap between the holster and the backing material, so the shirt can go under the clip, and over the kydex and gun.

1 Like

Kenneth,

the big difference is that an IWB holster can accommodate a suit and shirt but the holster does not allow you to access your gun with ease because it forces you to cover your weapon. when you pull the garment out to gain access to your weapon you may experience a snag because the shirt is over your gun. With a tuckable holster the shirt is tucked between the belt and weapon that when you want to gain access to your weapon the likelihood of a snag is not likely.

1 Like