Tucker Carlson on our civil rights being gutted due to Capitol Hill rioting

And they’re cancelling people

It looks like folks who were in the capital the other day are getting fired. I wonder if they’ll only do this to people who broke the law or if you just had to be there for your livelihood to be taken away. I wonder if this will play out in the courts.

3 Likes

I am very concerned about where the Democrats are going to try to take us in the next two years. I think that’s all the sunshine they will have because they won’t be able to help themselves, and will get replaced in the next congressional cycle.

Future historians will use the term “drunk with power” to describe the Democrats 2021-2022. I don’t think I’ll be around to see what the historians will write, but I suspect I will live long enough to see the damage to the American psyche.

5 Likes

Yes sir, that is it exactly. Twilight is upon us.

2 Likes

:joy: that’s awesome :joy:

1 Like

I grieve over how true your words are. you sum up not just what we fear, but what they warn us they intend, and believe we deserve. It appears in their world that even tolerance and inclusion are, none the less, only for the selected ones.

3 Likes

my question now is, what value to participation? If elections can simply be tweaked to the desired result, then ??

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I would argue that this quote applies to nearly all the politicians in DC and most in State Capitals as well. And to them the selected ones are those who promise to pad their pockets the most.

For myself, I can completely understand the many good reasons why someone would consider voting against Biden or Trump. But I cannot imagine how anyone could think a person like either Biden or Trump could be trusted to be a decent parking lot attendant let alone President of the USA. But 150+ million people disagreed with me so what do I know?

3 Likes

Yes sir. Sadly, tragically yes.

2 Likes

Well I’ve never really seen much practical value in voting. I have little faith in the government let alone the election process. These politicians get into Congress to enrich themselves & soon forget those who put them there. Why would I support them…support that…participate in that?

:point_right:t5: One of my greatest frustrations is watching so-called black folk elect Democrats who in turn make careers out of doing absolutely nothing for them. Their should be no such thing as a career politician.

:v:t5:

4 Likes

"If voting really mattered, they wouldn’t let you do it. "
- George Carlin

5 Likes

I wish I shared your confidence in the free and honest elections after 2020

5 Likes

My biggest concern over the next 2 years is what the Senate does with the filibuster. If they filibuster remains, the new administration and congress will have a difficult time getting 9 republicans to fall on the sword. If they eliminate the filibuster, it will be really bad; anything they want will pass.
All it takes to end the filibuster is a rule change approved by a simple majority of the senate.

On the others and, if they do end the filibuster, when the tables turn, it will come back and bite them in the A$$!

7 Likes

Maybe they agreed with you. 75 million voted against one and the other half against the other

1 Like

One thing everyone should be able to agree upon is a completely transparent bipartisan review of the US voting system past and present. The Republicans should be open to it due to recent events and the Dems should be open to it to prove to all the “crazy” Trump supporters that their claims really are “baseless”. Anyone against an open and fair review should be very vigorously asked about what they are trying to hide.

1 Like

Does the Senate have the filibuster? I remember when Sen. Reid did away with it (the ‘nuclear option’), but I don’t recall it being put back in place.

1 Like

Yes, the filibuster still exists. It was originally eliminated by the left to confirm district and circuit court judges. McConnell warned them at the time that they would regret that decision. The rule was eliminated in 2013 by Reid for the nomination of the lower court confirmations and McConnell went Nuclear in 2017 for the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.
As of today, the 3/5 majority (60 votes) is still required to pass legislation.

4 Likes

That’s good news, although I suppose they could get rid of it again if tensions stay high.

May calmer heads prevail.

2 Likes

In Pa, Member of the house of Rep’s Chris Raab is trying to expidite house bill 2957. Which in the beginning of it,speaks of banning future purchase of high powered ammo in state of PA. waaaaay deep in the bill,his proposal is to re-enstate the PennCorp. A governor controlled militia,that the governor can enact in the state of a health crisis. The milita over rides state and local laws and all orders directly from the governor.

1 Like

Think this rule is vital for helping to protect the rights of people in the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

1 Like