Trump's unconstitutional gun ban overturned by SCOTUS

6 Likes

Already posted… P.S. He didn’t ban any guns. :roll_eyes:

SCOTUS overturns bump stock ban - Legal & Second Amendment - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

8 Likes

I guess if you want to get technical he banned accessories, not firearms, while setting the precedent that semi automatic firearms can be regulated/banned based on their rate of fire, despite still being semi automatic

1 Like

Your always “technical”, or is this just sensational click bait. :thinking:

5 Likes

I guess if you want to get technical, it was the “Trump era” ATF that banned them illegally. it happened under his administration, but these agencies were already out of control.

5 Likes

No, it was Trump’s thing

On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

In response to that direction the Department reviewed more than 186,000 public comments and made the decision to make clear that the term “machinegun” as used in the National Firearms Act (NFA), as amended, and Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended, includes all bump-stock-type devices that harness recoil energy to facilitate the continuous operation of a semiautomatic firearm after a single pull of the trigger.

He also wanted to prohibited all 18-20 year olds from buying any semi automatic rifle, fortunately the NRA and other politicians said no to him.

On this particular anti gun directive, it took 6 years and a SCOTUS ruling to undo it, unfortunately

1 Like

That’s the saddest thing about it.

Look at California’s “roster” of handguns for sale, how long it’s been in place and the uphill battle to undo it.

It’s easier to put a restriction in place than reversing it.

5 Likes

Yep, Trump definitely made some big mistakes during his presidency, this among them. Listening to Fauchi was his other that comes to mind. Having said that, he’s still the best option we have, by far, who can actually win an election and start dragging us out of this mess.

I believe that he’s smart, and he has and does learn from his mistakes. He did us a world of good with his SCOTUS choices, and we would be in much worse shape had he not left that legacy.

I’ll take security, a closed border, no major wars, low interest, low inflation, energy security and mean tweets over the horrible mess we have now.

I gotta admit, the child in me laughed pretty hard at some of his tweets. My favorite was to Little Rocket Man, when Trump pointed out that he had a button, too, and his works.

8 Likes

I’d REALLY wish some of you would simply forgive him
Beating that horse (over and over) is counter productive to our Cause.
None of you have ever made a mistake?

Sheeesh!

4 Likes

Has he come out and said he was wrong to come after guns and he won’t come after them again if given the chance?

3 Likes

That’s all the “never Trumpers” have Don, cnn and the “view” told them so. :scream:

5 Likes

That’s why I post my direct sources on his anti gun statements and gun control actions, in this thread and in others. :wink: The choice to see the truth or not is in your court

2 Likes

A bump stock does not turn a legal weapon (semi-automatic) into a machine (fully automatic) gun.

And that, Sir, is the truth.

4 Likes

Tell Trump, he’s the one who thought it did and directed this all to happen.

Now you’re getting desperate, sad… :scream:

3 Likes

You can choose to acknowledge it or not

1 Like

I have made plenty of mistakes. But once I realize I have I don’t pretend they didn’t happen or blame them on those around me. I try to apologize to those who were harmed by my mistakes and make an effort to not let them happen again.

Either Trump doesn’t realize he has made mistakes, is hoping people will forget about them or he doesn’t consider them to have been mistakes. He sure hasn’t apologized for them.

Most here seem convinced he won’t make them again despite zero evidence that he even considers he has made mistakes let alone learned from them. This gives me zero confidence he won’t keep making the same “mistakes” again and again and again.

No one will be happier than me if Trump ends up proving me wrong. But I have experienced politicians blowing smoke up my butt hole for decades. When he talks I get that same uncomfortable feeling in my bowels as when I hear any of the other self serving kleptocrats speak.

2 Likes

Old news… We don’t care… I would still vote for a felon rather than anyone else.

4 Likes

They make Ex-lax for that. :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S. You said you’re not voting for him so why do you care? :thinking:

2 Likes

Realistically, we only have three choices when it comes to the vote: We can vote Red, We can vote Blue, or we can choose not to vote. The electoral College does not recognize any other party because there are simply not enough people in those parties (Libertarians, Green Party, etc).

In my past I have voted for red or blue candidates on specific issues and have usually ended up mostly Red because those candidates have said the right things to get my vote. I have been lied to just like we all have. Ye olde smoke up the butt hole as mentioned previously by Shamrock.

Trump has done some unethical things in the past and I do not feel he will stop doing unethical things. He is a power-hungry businessman and a politician, but in my eyes, he is the best candidate in this race.

Those who exercise their right not to vote have no voice in the outcome.

I don’t care which candidate or issue anyone votes for as long as they go vote.

4 Likes