Can we discuss concerns about not only illegal immigration but cartels seemingly terrorizing some border towns?

I am a Floridian. While we have Gov Desantis, who is doing great things; he has yet to roll out any information or legislation in regards to the danger attached to the crisis at the border that can potentially spill over into Florida.
Although he has addressed “peaceful protests” and those groups that are just destroying cities and federal buildings. I myself as a Mother, Army Vet, Believer and concerned citizen has a valid concern that we could possibly see an increase in crime due to the effects of this current chaos that has no control from this “administration”. At a state level, only so much can be done without cooperative federal assistance. Constitutional carry hasn’t even been a topic in Florida as of yet; as far as Ive seen. Would anyone like to chime in? Thank you.

5 Likes

I believe that under this current administration it will be up to the States to handle these situations themselves. Looking at the escape stunt of C19 from Wuhan combined with the border crisis the eyes of our States are being focused only on National issues and not the broader picture of world affairs.

5 Likes

@Jovan thank you for your service my sister. Now get your veterans badge up.

5 Likes

It was a blessing to wear the uniform. Gm, not sure how my friend :thinking::blush:

5 Likes

Here we go! I hope we can have the discussion. I am with you 100% and have the same opinion of the current administration’s open invitation to breech our borders. I’m not a big fan of open carry but to each his/her own,

I agree that this is “illegal immigration” not “undocumented people”.

A wall sends a message to “use the door” not “you are unwelcome”.

Without a secure border we are not a sovereign nation.

It has long been said that locks keep honest people honest. I lock my doors! Use the bell!

9 Likes

Like @Jovan I somehow missed the Veteran badge check-box.

Thank you both for your service!

4 Likes

I completely understand not being a fan of open carry. I don’t like to show my full deck of cards either :laughing:. Our country has checks and balances for ALMOST everything else in this country, how do we filter criminals, terrorists and those from those seeking true asylum? Through legality and common sense. But there is an extreme lack of this pursuit in today’s society.

6 Likes

Contact the mediator she will be more than happy to help you with the veterans badge.

5 Likes

@Jovan and @George98, thank you so much for your service to our country! I have added the Veteran/Military Badge to your accounts.

Great catch, @Lu-Can!

6 Likes

Good morning Tim😊. Thank you!

3 Likes

Well, I’m in Texas. So there’s that. Nothing else needed to say.

5 Likes

The wall is a very expensive and ineffective message. The 10s of billions of dollars needed to build a wall that can easily be defeated with inexpensive shovels, ladders, ropes and grinders, would be much better spent on more boarder patrol officers and the equipment they need.

I’m all for securing our boarders but let’s use some common sense. The only way to truly secure them is to come up with a comprehensive plan with security that works, real immigration (and especially temporary worker visa) reform, and support for the Central American people in their own home countries where their governments and economies have been completely corrupted by decades of corporate profiteering with the full kleptocratic support and actions of the US government. It is those policies and actions that are the leading cause of the mass exodus that has been occurring for decades. Biden’s political pandering, open boarder policy has just sped up this long term disaster.

3 Likes

I can’t help believing with the wall and support for border patrol we were headed in the right direction.

Inaction by congress coupled with denial of money for beds and facilities reflect the goal of keeping that border open. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

@Jovan @Lu-Can @Tim_D_USCCA Thanks to all. Just another example of how much of a community this board is!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Think Trump and his policies were sticking his fingers in the dam. But agree that Biden and the Dems are dynamiting it apart. Everyone is going to pay the price, including immigrants - legal and not.

7 Likes

I thing a wide band of land mines would work. If you manage to get through they swear you in on the spot.

4 Likes

I don’t care if you enter or even move here, as long as you assimilate our laws. This deluge of poverty and crime along with a lack of marketable skills is a direct threat to our society, and failed policies from these pandering politicians are a serious drain of resources. Mark it up to “accident of birth” - I’m disgusted with these actors “gaming the system” to get a foot in OUR door.

7 Likes

some of em are actually not from south of the border but the middle east…

lot of the children being bought over by the cartels end up being owned by the cartels…

IMHO the left/progressive/democrat machine is doing all this on purpose…

to create a situation they hope will get we the people to turn to them for help and give them more power…

they of course will blame anyone but themselves for what’s being created and the MSM will back them

5 Likes

Every town is a border town now.

7 Likes

I’m hard-core regarding laws and enforcement. We’re being betrayed, and shown a level of downright cowardice and borderline treason as never before. I don’t have all the answers, but I’m sick of our major cities becoming shooting galleries and combat zones - take a look at Detroit. Stand up for your rights, and stop allowing these crackpots to treat us like ignorant children.

6 Likes