Trauma kit

I’m curious about Chest seals. They seem simple enough? But I watched a video saying that sometimes they need to be “burped” (I peaking to let air release and the reapplying).

Makes me wonder if I really should bother buying them if I’m not particularly trained for them.

3 Likes

I carry gear that I’m not professionally trained in using but on the chance that someone who is will show up, see Mike’s post above.

4 Likes

If you get vented chest seals you don’t have to burb them one way vents air out none in

6 Likes

Get a vented chest seal, alleviates that concern.

Edit: Well I’m 3 hours late. But yeah the only chest seals I buy stand alone are vented (NAR Hyfin generally)

3 Likes

I have a few friends who could use these. lol

3 Likes
1 Like

Not part of my EDC, but should be. I keep IFAKs, including tourniquets, in both cars and another in my range bag. All were purchased from either North American Rescue or Dark Angel Medical. They are my trusted resources for medical kits/supplies. My range bag also has a small Boo-Boo kit.

3 Likes

In most states, First Responders are typically covered by Good Samaritan laws which protect them from litigation. I’m not a lawyer, so check the laws in your state.

5 Likes

Thank you for your service. :pensive:

2 Likes

78B-4-501. Good Samaritan Law.

(1) As used in this section:

(Definitions Deleted)

(2) A person who renders emergency care at or near the scene of, or during, an emergency, gratuitously and in good faith, is not liable for any civil damages or penalties as a result of any act or omission by the person rendering the emergency care, unless the person is grossly negligent or caused the emergency.

4 Likes

By this definition then, If I understand correctly, I would not be covered under this “Good Samaritan” law IF I was the person who caused the wound.

2 Likes

But to play devil’s advocate, I guess you could say there wouldn’t have been an emergency, if the person who was shot didn’t cause me to fire in self defense, therefore, I was not the “Cause” of the emergency.

That’s why we need good lawyers I guess.

2 Likes

Someone is going to get blamed for everything in our litigious society. And so many seem to fake needing help for some nefarious purpose. This is why people rarely help each other.

8 Likes