Training held against you?

Hey, are you implying bacon is less important than training? You are new here, so maybe you do not understand the correlation. One must have a good eye and a steady grip to stack bacon like that. Those same skills are very important in shooting. Additionally, the amount of concentration to accomplish that task is also an important attribute in shooting. Also, we like bacon, training, and shooting - bacon is the reward for training. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That is a choice I refuse to make. So I will take both.

8 Likes

Eating bacon WHILE training!

8 Likes

You guy’s r making me hungry
I’m getting the Baconator @ Wendy’s
and going shootin’…
Stay Chocolate Frosty my friends! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I would never disparage bacon like that!!

4 Likes

Now that sounds slippery! Ha!

3 Likes

Chopsticks my friend; just like with Cheetos.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:
Now I get it!!

2 Likes

In the USCCA search tab, if you type in the word “bacon”, it brings you directly to this thread.

Sorry vegetarians, everything is better with bacon, even training. Bought some today, it’s been a while.

For me, I weigh the benefits against the risks, and ‘for me’, “training wins”.

JIMHO.

6 Likes

IMG_4729

7 Likes

I love this! This is awesome

5 Likes

Don102 good day brother. Sir. Yes. Sir when you defend your self. And . For what ever reason. You can. Be charged… every single thing can and will be held against you. If charged. That’s why .we train. And are insured!! And nothing is guaranteed.!! In this Life. Outher then. Death. And government. !! I have carried ever since. I. Was .17, and I . Have never been charged. For.assaulting…anyone. !! I .all ways.went with its better to be judged.by.12.then. Carried by.six. And . I am. Alive. To have my birthday. This farthers day.!! So. I. Was right. To live my life. And fear.of defending my self had. Nothing to do.with. What the law was going to do.to.me. !! FEAR. KILLS. More people than.any thing. .ps. &. The.government. Love Bobby Jean. And no I’m not a felon or a criminal.!! Here’s ya a Root Beer :beer: my brothers

5 Likes

I personally think training and mental scenarios are vital. But based on what I see from a lot of firearm owners I suspect most are doing very little of either. They buy the firearm, stick it in a drawer, or preferably a safe and call themselves good. Maybe they get to the range once or twice a year and fire a bunch of rounds at a static target.

Fortunately for them a very high percentage will never need to use a firearm in a real defensive scenario. Most won’t even have the firearm available on the street due to either feeling they don’t need it or not being able or willing to get around the hassles of all the restricted places where they aren’t allowed to have it.

But those without training who can get to their firearm in time during a threatening scenario will often benefit from the fact that most criminals have a similar lack of training. The scenarios the majority of criminals run in their heads are of all the defenseless victims out there they have to choose from. They don’t want the risk of dealing with an armed defender so most will quickly move on to easier targets if they find they chose one of the few that actually has the tools needed to defend themselves.

The problem is that there are some hardened criminals out there with significant experience and other criminals with a chemically induced lack of fear. In those cases simply having a firearm without the skill and will to use it can sometimes get a person into more trouble instead of less.

5 Likes

4 Likes

They want mandatory training. Then they can use it against you at your expense.

4 Likes

If you are on trial and your attorney lets some POS go government pansy, bottom of the barrel of his law school class, prosecutor try to use your training against you and doesn’t embarrass him and make him cry in front of a jury for even bringing it up he’s not worth .05 (US) and hour. Fire his ass and go get a true shark…

9 Likes

I know Tom Grieve has said, on this topic, that if it were him representing the armed and trained/educated defender, he would very much like the prosecution to open that door to discuss training/education

6 Likes

I brought up this subject to my lawyer. He couldn’t catch his breath he was laughing so hard…

8 Likes

Crazy right? I had always thought a firearm is like any other tool. You need to learn how to use it properly and observe the safety protocols.

9 Likes

Wait, wait! This is a cautionary message. Your lawyer should be ready to counter this bogus attempt to paint you as a trained assassin!

It will be easy for him or her if you haven’t posted on line or publicly made statements about killing or vigilantism.

5 Likes