Training held against you?

I like how this went from training to bacon.

7 Likes

This group as a whole has the shortest attention spans of any group I’ve known, LOL…

Oh, look, a squirrel! :rofl:

8 Likes

Actually, at the end of EricW’s post he asked for our thoughts. I was happy to see that my thoughts were shared by George98 :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

5 Likes

This is why I’m not allowed in the kitchen while my wife is cooking.

7 Likes

LDL 100 mg/dL or less
Meaning no more than half of the tray from @George98 picture. :wink:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Training is LIFE
BACON is LIFE,
Bacon is Training see? :star_struck:

10 Likes

Is he eating Bacon? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
See? I can stay on Target, That’s good Training!

8 Likes

Sorry, maybe we should start a bacon thread, or maybe eating bacon before training helps with concentration.

Back to the original post. I believe that a liberal progressive prosecutor would use just about anything they could against you. But that is no reason to stop training. A lot of good points have been brought up about this. Too many people think that they can buy a firearm, lock it in their safe and they’re good to go. Learning when to draw your sidearm, how to put rounds on target, Learning the 4 or (5) safety rules ( the 5th is to never let anyone know that you are armed, at least in my book.) Are all important, and should be encouraged, not discouraged. However everyone here knows how important training is, that’s why we belong to the USCCA.

7 Likes

I LOVE it!! It’s kind of a twofer

5 Likes

The last time I bought primers was the last time I ate bacon.
Trying to get the topic back on track.:joy:

4 Likes

IMG_0034

6 Likes

Going by this, I would have to buy primers 2 or 3 times a week (not a bad idea).

Bacon or training? :bacon: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

You funny fella !

6 Likes

As I said in another topic: I have spent years building up a tolerance to bacon, so that now it has no ill effect on me.

I particularly like “DPR Brand Bacon”!

6 Likes

It is easy to vilify just about anything in this life, and lawyers (among others) are particularly well-trained to do so. In the criminal justice arena, truth often seems to be secondary to perception.

Once one side has succeeded in denigrating best practice and rational decisions, the other side must shift to defending thoughts rather than actions. Think of it as having to defend the floor you’re walking on rather than the steps you took across it.

6 Likes

Miyamoto Musashi said it best: You can only fight the way you train. There’s little else to say. I share that philosophy in that if you don’t train they will probably will never use you training against you cause you will not have survived.

4 Likes

I get that mentality.

That said, there are how many successful justified defensive gun uses a year in the US? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? What % of those people do you think are trained up to what those here would consider a decent level? I’d wager a pretty small %. Yet, the results show well.

So, there is a balance. You should seek training, it’s better to be trained, it is very important, but let’s acknowledge that even without the should-have-it level of training, armed citizens tend to fare well when attacked

5 Likes

@Nathan57 I agree totally.
To me, it is important to know what you are doing when handling a deadly weapon. I will train and practice shooting which will help minimize any chance of collateral damage. I think classes in concealed carry and even stop the bleed are are great to have as well.

At the end of the day though, you’re right. A gun is a pretty simple tool to use and it is better to be prepared than not. It just amazes me the way the DAs will twist that knowledge into something it is not.

5 Likes

Remember that trained up doesn’t require any school or formal training. You’re correct in what you say. A majority of the shooters I shot with in competition got there on their own. But the one thing we all had in common whether novice or master was we had a working knowledge of how they would attack various scenarios. They also had a good working knowledge of their firearms. If you’ve purchased a firearm for protection it’s possibly because you’re looking at what can happen and how you’d address it should it happen. Imagining what could happen and what will I do is training. You and I both know that in the the real world we accept some and reject some of information we are presented with. We also in a more fun sense when watching a movie with some sort of confrontation try to second guess what should happen. When we do that we are in a reaction mode, and we may just when it’s over critique it in our heads. That’s a form of training or learning. So what you’re saying is correct, people can do very well without formal training.

2 Likes