(Tragedy), though as the saying goes :

As the saying I’ve heard many times in my past, “If bad persons want to harm someone, they will find a way”.
Was it the weapon “knife” or the mental state of the person.

4 Likes

Won’t hear this one splattered all over the national news media

5 Likes

To be fair, generally when the ones with firearms are plastered all over, there are deaths.

2 Likes

Common sense bladed weapon control laws?

6 Likes

Assault Knife tainted with covid and forged by global warming

7 Likes

Knife laws are certainly a thing too.

When I first moved to Georgia, not that long ago, it was literally a felony to have an >2" bladedvpocket knife in your glove box in the parking lot of a college campus or stadium/property.

Infringements are more than just firearms. :frowning:

4 Likes

True, which makes this an anomoly or just more Leftist propoganda? Granted in the USA, there are more deaths due to firearms than edged weapons, but we have, I assume all, read of the mass machete deaths in Africa. Knives are not less-lethal, by law they are lethal weapons.

Statisticially, about 75-80% of handgun shooting victims survive. I am unsure of the rate of survival of stabbing victims as I have not read any stats on that.

3 Likes

Are you sure?

2 Likes

Well, based on the FBI data, there are far more deaths by firearms than edged weapons. You have any other source(s) that show otherwise?

Some of you are missing the point. It’s not about the weapons or how many die from using a certain weapon, it’s about the people committing the crimes.
The reasoning/mental stress that’s happening to these persons. (Any other conditions they might have or influences).

2 Likes

Nope, you are correct, I looked, it’s a magnitude of about 4:1 Guns vs Knives.
Curiosity killed the cat.

1 Like

Suicides account for a high percentage of gun deaths in the FBI stats. Not too many people stab themselves to death.

1 Like

Unless they are a friend of the Clintons

4 Likes

This is true, which is why I did not state murders, but deaths; it is about 1/2 to 2/3s of the deaths, depending on the source.

2 Likes