This is the Policing/Court system we are dealing with

I’m not one to support anything blindly. I’m all for honorable policemen and honorable policing. I’m not going to pretend all cops are good people just because they have a badge. Some of the worst criminal minded and corrupt people join the police force for badge privileges and to commit crimes with departmental backing. Where I grew up gangs would have members join police ranks and then have them keep the gangs apprised of what was going on within the police department. People who just blindly support police in anything they do are at best naive and at worst corrupted themselves.

3 Likes

Sorry Burdo, I am not Mike but thanks for that info. That page is so messed up. In the past I have commented on a post & after I clicked post , it refreshed and my comment was on a different conversation that had nothing to do with what I commented on . I just sit and scratch my head wondering WTH.

BILL

1 Like

Sometimes the headlines write themselves, don’t they?

3 Likes

Saw the original video for this incident. This is about as perfect and example of extremely poor policing as I’ve seen in a long time. Both officers should be held accountable. Thankfully they were both horrible shots (that’s another conversation in and of itself) but what if they had killed the suspect sitting in the patrol car? The fact that they just started blasting away without first identifying a threat is just astounding to me.

3 Likes

And this one on Feb. 2.

1 Like

That’s insane! Rule 4: Know your target and what’s behind it!!!

Seriously, I take precautions against that kind of thing because I’ve seen other videos of people getting shot through a window by police just because they had a handgun visible, even if it wasn’t raised or pointing in any way toward the LEO. One that comes to mind was when LEO’s knocked (banged) on a wrong door at 2am, and the homeowner came through the living room with a small revolver in his hand- only to be shot through the front door window as he approached the door.

I’ve told my wife, if you ever need to see who is at the door, and you want your gun with you, keep it totally out of sight, even if the door is still closed, because someone might see you through a window and start shooting even if you’re not a threat. Scary stuff.

3 Likes

You mean agent 99, but I get it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So one officer dumptied two mags and one dumped one. Imagine if any of this did that.

3 Likes

Or he meant 69. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here’s a humorous story as told by actor Sean Penn. With some similarity, but to me, points to how not only officers but civilians should make training a continuous life long occurrence. Keep on leaning, no matter how old or experienced one is: