Things we have learned from the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Show me one 17 year old in the entire span of human history that never made a poor decision.

3 Likes

If only the bad decisions ended later in life. We know this isn’t true just by the last presidential election.:wink::grin:

4 Likes

On Fox News, Tucker Carlson will have an exclusive interview with Kyle Rittenhouse on Monday
at 7;00 pm Central time. :us:

3 Likes

They also select the lies they will propagate, even well after those lies have been debunked. This afternoon, not long after the verdict was announced, several of the big media outlets were still telling the lie of Rittenhouse “illegally crossing state lines with an illegal weapon” and “randomly shooting protestors”, along with the vile rhetoric about white supremacist, Trumpite, racist, etc, etc, all of which has been conclusively refuted.

4 Likes

How about a strange thought here - what if the public came to understand that we don’t have many news agencies any more. What if the public realized that we have a lot of "Op Ed"s disguised as news?

Why did the trial even happen? Obviously, he was indicted. I am thinking it was because all those on the Grand Jury had already been told what to think.

3 Likes

There was no “Grand Jury”. Those are a completely different type of animal.

But to your point, I would ask “What if the Prosecutor actually would abide by the rule of law?” It’s that simple really, KR should have never formally charged. Perhaps the media influenced our crooked little prosecutor here. Or, perhaps our crooked little prosecutor influenced the media to continue to carry their narrative? Which leads me to ask: What is the media narrative?

Chaos sells. And the 24/7 news cycle needs to make money. If you’re looking for real journalism and a professional integrity to seek out and report the truth, that ship sailed long ago my friend. This is nothing more than propaganda from both sides.

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

3 Likes

What happen to those good old days?
Now, if it lies it flys. Truth be damned! We are living in an X-File :alien::flying_saucer:

2 Likes

​I learned it is ok for the prosecution to argue things like “sometimes you just need to take a beating” and “Anthony Huber had no weapons” with video of him using a skateboard as a weapon against the defendant in front of the jury in a murder trial.

1 Like

I am somewhat torn on this: Kyle had the right to carry and was asked to protect property and he also had the right to defend himself.
But then again, I think he was a little wrongheaded to put himself in a position where he became separated from his comrades. But not being in his shoes who am I to say.
The media was the real villains thru all this. They pumped this up in hopes of more civil unrest. They wanted more bloodshed because that drives the ratings up. They promoted false narratives to tear that young man to shreds. And that DA should be dis-barred for the way he tried to railroad Kyle into prison.
I am glad Kyle was found not guilty but now his life is pretty much blown up. Thats the main lesson all self defense shooters should understand. If you run afoul of a political minded DA and hostile media be prepared to have every aspect of your life examined and torn apart.

3 Likes

I agree. But, the fact of the matter is that Kyle Rittenhouse was not charged with wrong-headedness. If he had been, I would have found him guilty if any such charge were brought. Wrong-headedness isn’t a crime. We do have the right to make poor decisions and we have to be prepared to be held accountable. He went to trial and he was found not guilty, end of story.

The same can be said for his assailants that fateful night. They had the right to be there and protest (not burn, not loot not assault people). His assailants put themselves in a position to be separated from their comrades too. And ended up being separated from their very lives and one was separated from half a bicep. All three who were attacking Kyle had criminal history and were engaged in felonious activity before they were shot. One pointed a loaded Glock handgun at Kyle.

Everyone in the media wants you to focus on the “what if he hadn’t been there, and he had no right to be there.”

I could say the same for his assailants.

Stay safe out there Kenneth.

4 Likes

The trial is over, it’s pointless to keep flogging it.
If you haven’t already, everyone should head over to-
What are you thankful for this year?

3 Likes

1 Like

Maybe it’s high time that a @USCCA moderator closed all of the Rittenhouse threads? Time to move forward and allow the healing to begin?

Just a thought.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… Maybe a little restraint on our part, since we talk about that a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It just ended. There’s plenty to discuss.

1 Like

Agreed. Placing on snooze … zzzzzz

I agree. Best not to put yourself in the position that Kyle put himself in. Wrong place, wrong time. That being said, unfortunately we have a very one- sided ( and dare I say racist) Main Stream Media that likes to treat and interview felons and their familes as victims and treat the innocent victims as the villians. No matter what your social media posts say, the Main Stream Media and prosecutors will twist it to " use it against you" not just in the court of law, but also in the court of public opinion.! But I will not give up my social media accounts that tie my family members and friends together nor will I lay down my first amendment right to freedom of speech under the fear or intimidation of the Looney Liberal Left any sooner than I’d give up my 2nd amendmet right.
Discretion in using the 1st amendment on Social Media is as important as it is in using the 2nd amendment when you carry

2 Likes

I don’t mean we should not be held accountable for our choices and actions that may have caused harm to others, what I mean is, we are being held accountable, for things we did not do. we are being called out on the actions of others due to affiliations with ideas (such as the right to bear arms) for example in the eyes of left wing of “society” the “mass shooter” makes all of us guilty
of murder because we may support the 2nd amendment . to roughly quote Ronald Regan, “we must reject the idea that society is to blame for the actions of an individual”.
we (individuals) are being scrutinized by the left and mainstream media for everything that can be used to promote an agenda. I should have the freedom to express my opinions with out the fear of them being taken out of context and used against me in on a trumped up charge. case in point, Rittenhouse.

2 Likes

Justice was served, let the liberals beat the dead horse!

4 Likes