They won't enforce unconstitutional laws

I don’t think you are crazy… I suspect that the over reaching actions of our officials, not just police, will be reviewed in the near future. The release of criminals, the delays in NICS checks, to outright closure of gun shops, pointless restrictions on items that can be purchased in stores, liquor stores are open but churches closed, and restrictions on people who are isolated while in public. The broad powers given to government to react to any event have been abused and there needs to be a filter developed to narrow the focus to fit the specifics of the emergency. If we don’t develop a filter there will be an emergency every time there is some unpopular agenda to push on the public.

1 Like

Some of the governors are stomping on people’s rights as well. Not even going to mention some mayors.

2 Likes

We can see from these stories and the protest in Michigan that people are getting fed up with oppressive restrictions. Protests will become more frequent, larger, and possibly violent. The Chinese virus is only as bad as State government wants it to be.

3 Likes

I’m waiting and watching to see what the trigger point will be for civil unrest.

3 Likes

If the MSM reported on the true amount of crime being committed including the crime of releasing prisoners, there may be a slight uptick in gun sales. MSM doesn’t know how to deal with that now! So in order to maintain public peace, Ssssshhhh don’t tell anyone.

6 Likes

The real question is not whether or not they (law enforcement) will enforce unconstitutional infringements.
They already do so, every day.
I don’t believe that there is a single law, executive order, administrative policy or interpretation thereof on the books relating to the individual right to arms which actually comports within the limits placed on the state by the Constitution.

The real question is: how many more infringements will we the people, in whom all political power rests, abide?

I suppose it may seem tangential but,
What’s more important to you?
Liberty or safety?

I believe that picking liberty over safety means that I accept responsibility for my own well being.
Whereas picking safety over liberty means that I accept responsibility for neither.

Never sell your birthrights for the false promises of safety and comfort. Too many of your forebears suffered and died so that you and your children could have them. To do otherwise is just selfish.

But then.
What do I know?

6 Likes

There have been reports that crime is down… IF… .you believe that… it is not due to criminals staying home.
It is because their targets are not out and asleep at the wheel, but paying attention or at home with their supply of ammunition.

Criminals are not following a ‘stay home’ order…

2 Likes

A people that surrender Essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserve neither Liberty or Security - Benjamin Franklin

There is nothing so permanent as a Temporary government program - Milton Friedman…

In other words… once government TAKES power, it rarely surrenders it… and even if much is returned to the people, the government will retain some power it did not have before…

6 Likes

I’ve felt like this is test run to see what we the people will let them by with.

7 Likes

I have been saying this same exact thing since the very first issue of the order. It’s even cost me my next contract work because of the new “social isolation mandates”. This is not American.

4 Likes

Thoughts crossed my mind as well.

3 Likes

Lead-lined viral illness? Yes, I believe they did.

There is a county in CA already asking people to do that on stay at home

Sheepdog556 is exactly on point. No one can, or should, say that dog won’t hunt!!! But while we are using the Grossman analogy, I’d like to share a keypoint about sheepdogs. This is knowledge acquired during my time breeding stock and keeping several of a particular breed of LGD (Livestock Guard Dog - a.k.a. Sheepdog). Far from the only virtue of a well bred LGD is the fact that it is ALWAYS on watch, and once a threat is perceived it LOCKS on target and does not relent until the threat has fled or has been destroyed. This most important characteristic isn’t trained, it just is. When the threat is gone they will go belly up to 2 year old baby playing in their food bowl.
The point here is that all who fancy themselves as a sheepdog need to maintain the same vigilance once this media blitz has passed and so long as those who would milk the cow dry are still sucking on the teats of liberty (and complain about it at the same time).

4 Likes

Over here in L.A. County it’s business as usual. It could be where you live too. The only way to find out, or one of the ways to find out, is to listen to LE/Fire dispatch online on your electronic device. If the reports that I hear are common, I can imagine what the poor LE and rescue/fire have to deal with on a daily basis. It may be that because of the shutdown, human behavior is worsening in some areas where it’s already bad.

1 Like

History repeats itself. 1918 California,

3 Likes

A scene in the influenza camp at Lawrence, Maine, where patients are given fresh air treatment. This extreme measure was hit upon as the best way of curbing the epidemic. Patients are required to live in these camps until cured. (Bettmann / Bettmann Archive)

Apparently our leaders and medical people didn’t learn from history either. :roll_eyes: :rage:

2 Likes

No one ever does.

5 Likes

Ok, Replying to my own post.
We have been watching old Bewitched for fun…

The snitch, we also call this person the Mrs. Cravets of the neighborhood.
I have referred to this from time to time and young people have no idea what I’m talking about.

Funny: I also refer to my friend Harvey and even less people know what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Its a sign of old age when you start talking to your self and answering your own questions. :roll_eyes:
Harvey? Harvey? I used to know a Harvey! I always wondered where he went. Say Hi for me. :wave:

4 Likes