The USCCA is worth it

You mean there are some here that wouldn’t want to work for USCCA?

3 Likes

Oh the USCCA is more than worth it! I first heard of the USCCA a few years ago listening to Sean Hannity’s radio program one day while running my delivery route. Carry insurance? I didn’t even know that was a thing. When I looked at the website back then I just was not in a position to be able to do it. But I loved the concept & wanted to find something. I looked at other options but nothing came close. Over time the pricing structures & payment options changed so I jumped in & became a Platinum member which was the highest level at the time. Then along came the highly discounted spouse membership. So I jumped on that as well. And during this time I was discovering so many great training guides, videos, along with all the back issues of the magazine. Then one day by accident I discovered there was an elite level. So I called up to enquire about it. One of the nicest people I’ve ever spoken to in my life politely & cheerfully told me what I wanted to know and informed me of a promotion going on for those who upgrade. I think it was something like $500 worth of training materials. So I jumped on that. My goodness what a treasure trove of information that was! Then just a few months ago I commented in a response on a Facebook post how I was on the hunt for a new knife since mine was having issues. Well someone there was kind enough to message me about a knife that apparently is only available to members & not listed in the online store. So I jumped on that. Most recently I had ordered the eye & ear protection set from the website. Instead I got a plastic GLOCK replica. That was strange. So I called to tell someone what happened. He was just as kind as everybody else I’ve dealt with there. We both had a good laugh. He thanked me for not hollering & being upset. No these things happen. Not a big deal. He got the right thing sent out. But when I asked about returning the training gun he said it wasn’t necessary. Are you sure? No he insisted that I keep it. Ok thank you. And someone was nice enough to send my correct order priority mail so I had it in a couple days. Wow! And @Dawn in particular has been so incredibly kind to me recently. The USCCA has the greatest group of people there. I cannot say enough good about this organization. Simply A-1 top notch amazing beyond words. Thank you for existing and for all that is offered.

By the way that training gun…well it came in handy a few weeks after it arrived. My wife teaches in a school run by our church. She asked if she could take it as they were doing a segment on firearms & safety. That in turn led to her being approved to use her unloaded Glock 43 for further demonstration & education. In a school! That does not happen in this day and age! Wow! I was ecstatic! So I no longer believe it was a mistake. That happened for a reason. Love the USCCA!

2 Likes

I have been a USCCA member since 2013. I happened upon the USCCA as I searched for more information on concealed carry. At first glance, I thought that the self-defense insurance offered was a scam. As I looked into it, it quickly became apparent this is the real thing! Fast forward to the NRA Annual Meetings in Louisville, KY, 2016. I had the opportunity to meet the USCCA’s Beth Alcazar (as we are connected by a mutual friend), after listening her segments on my friends podcast the USCCA exhibit and meeting Beth was a destination for my wife and I that weekend. It was at this time that we pulled the trigger and selected the highest level of coverage available at the time. I have not taken advantage of all the training benefits provided by the USCCA , I am committed to educating myself as to what they are and taking advantage of them.

The USCCA does not disappoint!
In September, 2018, I was attacked in my neighborhood and became fearful of losing my life in this attack. I have to deploy my firearm to stop the attack. That was a bad day! This attack resulted in my filing charges against my attackers and in turn, they filing charges against me. The USCCA came to the rescue and did exactly what I expected them to do. I was able to retain the best counsel and had all charges against me dismissed!
I stand by the USCCA and will always do so, they have proven they will stand by me!

Recently, I had the opportunity to be interviewed by James Yeager of Tactical Response regarding my experiences with the USCCA. (as of this writing, the video has not dropped yet, but another that we did at the same time dropped yesterday. I will update this post with a Youtube link when it does)
If you ask me, you are putting your entire future at risk by not having the USCCA on your side.
There are some important lessons that I learned the day I was attacked.

• Bad things DO happen in safe neighborhoods.

• When you have to draw your firearm, it’s a bad day. The USCCA can keep it from getting worse.

• No one “wins” a gun fight. If you do what you are trained to do AND you have luck on your side, the best you can hope for is to survive the gunfight. The only way to win a gunfight is to avoid it.

9 Likes

WOW! Thanks for sharing your experience, @_Robert! I am so glad we could be there for you - and, more importantly, that you were able to defend yourself physically and legally!

4 Likes

@_Robert - this is amazing! I am SO glad we connected… and I am even more glad y’all decided to join the USCCA family! Thank you for sharing your story and for sharing those valuable lessons. I am very glad you are safe and well.
Best,
Beth

5 Likes

@Beth Sitting with you and Tony Simon in the Press Room in Atlanta was pure comedy gold! You and Tony need to go on tour together!

4 Likes

@_Robert… oh, my, yes! Tony is a great guy, and I would love to collaborate! We should get him on this community page!

3 Likes

@Beth Tony is a FB friend. I will reach out. His organization can use the love also.

2 Likes

Well worth the cost. My Wife is also covered with the Spouse option. It cost as much as one Glock per year. Definitely worth it.

3 Likes

@Robert I’m glad everything turned out well for you,it is a bad day when you have to use your gun but very happy you had it and your here to tell about it!

3 Likes

I found out about USCCA more or less when researching gun insurance after the Psychiatrist cleared me for my CCW. Yes I know that sounds strange but that is how it goes in my state. Anyway I spent a day or two researching the subject while waiting for my card to come and USCCA offered the most bang for the buck. My goal is to never have to use the services but that is pretty much the same hope you have when you insure your car.

In fact I only posted here because my automatic renewal came up on my dashboard today. So for another 365/24/7 I feel pretty good when I go outside with my EDC. It is also more than confrontations on the street if is defending my home and family in a day of home invasions.

Yes I have a plan, yes we know what we want to do. Yes I have electronic security and a four legged biological security system that has sensors that can hear a butterfly land on my front door. Well at least I assume that is what he is barking at sometimes. But even when you do everything right it doesn’t mean the local law enforcement is going to say every thing is ok, go back to bed and we will talk in the morning.

3 Likes

Without going into the details, I wound up being assaulted at my own house, and also injured in the incident. No shots fired, but it was a close thing, and only because a second party who arrived with my assailant chose not to intervene.

The assailant (Who was charged by the police.), wound up going to the local court commissioner, lying about the incident, and getting me charged with a couple of criminal offenses. Nice.

After contacting USCCA, and explaining what occurred, they covered me. The total was a bit above $30,000. To everyone I meet who is interested, I tell my tale, and a couple have signed up. (I wish there were a small brochure available, as I would give them out.)

I am glad I became, and will remain a member.

3 Likes

I’m so glad the USCCA was there to have your back, @KeithK! Unfortunately, I’ve heard that experience far too often where the attacker gets to the police first and lies about the attack.

It’s scary how quickly legal bills get so expensive! And it’s frustrating when you have to legally defend yourself when you were the one attacked!

Stay safe out there, Keith!

1 Like

Or you forget to update your credit card info, so @anon1435654 emails and calls you, to give you a friendly reminder, and get you updated. (Hangs head in shame, guilty as charged)

1 Like

It is true that the protection benefits of the USCCA membership are worth the fee. Prior to USCCA, I had two other forms of carry insurance – both of which I still retain. As a firearms instructor, I suppose that I might be subject to more intensive scrutiny and litigation than some and the coverage is just too cheap to not have.

So my real enthusiasm for the USCCA has more to do with the other things that it does and for the coverage. First of all, I love the magazine. Every month it has real life stories of people who had use of firearms in self-defense. These are a great resource for me as an instructor and as a second amendment advocate. They also have good reviews of firearms. I no longer feel the need to buying a new firearms because I already have access to a plethora of them. However, my last pistol purchase was influenced by an article in the USCCA magazine and I have not been disappointed with my Sig Sauer P220 SRT (short reset trigger) with a match grade barrel. I also enjoy the articles about particular legal cases or considerations. In fact, I enjoy everything from the editor’s notes to the rear cover of the magazine. I even find myself reading articles about women’s concealed carry written by Beth Alcazar (now officially on my favorite teachers list after attending USCCA instructor training with her!).

Anyone who has not availed themselves of USCCA training is probably missing out on one of the greatest benefits. At an expo two years ago I participated in a handgun retention class as well as several other classes designed to improve your readiness for a dynamic critical incident. All of the trainers were over the top credible, encouraging, and knowledgeable in their field. You really did get the best of the best. Additionally, I have been a professional educator for 40 years. 20 years of that time I have been a firearms instructor. I also instruct into other fields. But after attending USCCA instructor training, I am convinced of that the USCCA organization is more focused on quality than on quantity of instructors. Their training takes a backseat to no one. Beth Alcazar understands the educational process probably better than anyone I have ever met. Her husband also is a gifted teacher with great relational skills. Everyone that I met from the organization in person was a subject matter expert in their particular field.

I have also had the opportunity in the past to correspond with Tim Schmidt on a matter of concern that I had. He evaluated that concern in responded to it, even though his decision might not have been a popular one at the time. I appreciate the fact that the leadership of this organization is responsive to the needs of its members. It is nice to find leadership that is approachable.

So while the legal coverage is certainly a wonderful benefit, I really hope that I never have to use it. But I will on a regular basis make use of the quality USCCA training, and get to know the quality people behind it. And I will continue to read my magazine cover to cover. We have known other second amendment-protecting organizations that now seem to have lost their way. USCCA has not done so. It is a privilege to associate with this organization.

4 Likes

Just upgraded from Platinum to Elite for my wife and me. This is the only coverage I carry, so I figured I had better make sure I have what I need.

2 Likes

What dose a lifetime membership coast.

We no longer offer lifetime memberships, @Larry4. We offered them for a short while a couple of years ago.

People like Al Giguere Jr. Massachusetts Trial Court has one. That’s why I ask.

1 Like

USCCA just makes the most sense to me> I remember when I was recently in my Texas LTC class and they had someone come in presenting some other company’s version of coverage. I felt good to know that I was already taken care of. Plus all the information available is staggering. Only thing I wish was available was the emergency tips added to the member card in Apple Wallet so I could bring up the info like Apple Pay.

1 Like