The image of gun owners

Agreed, I’d have no interest in seeing people going too far. What is rather amazing though, is the number of times a responsible every day citizen has stopped or prevented everything ranging from an assault to a mass murder that we never hear about. If all that was accomplished was to reveal just how often the right to bear arms has successfully defended someone, the debate might well end there.

If you never gave Doctors anything but negative press, and constantly highlighted the pain and suffering experienced within the walls of a hospital, you would have people wanting to ban medicine and jail all the doctors. Pain is bad, suffering is bad, why would anybody want to have a doctor or go to the hospital, right? Well of course we understand the pain and suffering in the correct context, knowing that, even with medical mistakes as a reality, we would never outlaw doctors, hospitals, or medicine because we understand the negatives of pain and suffering in the proper light.

That proper light is what has deliberately been eliminated by the anti-gun crowd. We need to turn the lights back on so people can see the subject in full light.

5 Likes

Now that is either a non-conventional bayonet , or it’s for clearing the hedges after you clear the hedges.

4 Likes

Oh, how about a spinoff series, The Law Abiding Citizens: Puck Around and Find Out, showing the events through the eyes of unfortunate criminals. The main message would be - criminal must fear his victim, per Col. Jeff Cooper

3 Likes

Always love to see young people at the range. We need to see more of it. But at least teach her a proper grip so she doesn’t cut the back of her thumb when the slide comes back

4 Likes

Thanks. Must be the camera angle, or just bad cellphone camera and lighting. But, her grip was fine.

4 Likes

I thought it looked like a single action revolver grip where the weak hand thumb could recock the hammer.

Maybe it was just there for the photo??

3 Likes

:+1:t3: It sure looked like her thumbs were crossed over the back strap of her pistol :man_shrugging:t3:
Any rate it’s good to see her out there. I’m taking a young gal to the range today.
While more and more women are coming into the fold of the gun community everyday, we all need to do our part to encourage even more of them

2 Likes

I’m constantly sending those ( along with others) to new CCW friends as a means to convince them of more training.
It would be an unlikely event where things actually went as one saw them in their mind’s eye. How does the quote go? “ you don’t rise to the level of your expectations but fall to the level of your training”

I believe one of the best ways to improve on our image is to get more people involved in the sport. I would hope every one of us is constantly seeking/asking non-gun friends to go to the range with us to experience shooting. I think most people would be surprised how many non- gun owners would like to try shooting at least one time. Our job is to make it a positive experience, one fun enough that they’re interested in going a second and third time. BOOM! Before you know it, another new gun owner has been born

2 Likes

You make a good point. The studies and interviews I’ve seen confirm why they select gun free zones, criminals go for the easiest target they can find, they don’t want a fight or resistance, so one way to avoid being a victim is to avoid looking like an easy target, or being in one of their safe zones where they don’t have to worry about armed citizens. Oops, did I say “safe zone for criminals”? I meant to say " Gun free zone" Potatoe / patatoe.

3 Likes

Well, actually potato.
[sorry, 30 second ad precedes 53 second video]

Geronimo

4 Likes

Humphrey Bogart

3 Likes

Spike Jones

2 Likes

Mae West

5 Likes

Henry Mancini
(April 16, 1924 – June 14, 1994)

3 Likes

Is this what you’re looking for?

8 Likes

That might be one example, yes.

2 Likes

100% agreement to your point and how well you stated it. The harsh reality is NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, PBS does not agree with you and I. It is sad to say, but truthful, that millions of Americans watch those 5 networks and their affiliates daily

6 Likes

I’m bias, but that was perfection in marketing. Great post!

3 Likes

And with no capability of critical thought believe everything a cute/handsome, serious talking, stuffed suit says.

7 Likes