The Home Raids for Guns Have Begun...In New Zeland

Interesting article, potential lessons to be learned on how a government who bans it’s citizens from owning weapons goes about capturing intel from social media and enforcing and to what extreme.

7 Likes

I guess we’re done!

4 Likes

It is my largest worry about our forum.

8 Likes

I recommend disengagement from all Social Media take down your pictures and delete them stop taking pictures of firearms and don’t take pictures with you and firearms it’s a fight nobody wants.

4 Likes

I dont think even that is enough.

“Are you a member of XYZ forum? That forum is for gun enthusiasts, right? Why would you belong to that group unless you have firearms, hmmm? Stand aside while we search your house”

5 Likes

I have no doubt that this will be coming to America someday. I may not see it, but my kids or grandkids will for sure.

I never post photos of my firearms, wait, I mean my one Daisy BB gun that is broken into 5 pieces after I ran over it with the John Deere loader at the ranch, and then accidentally dropped it into the raging burn pile, and then took the ashes and put them in the dumpster.

4 Likes

Democrats, Democrat politicians do what their voters tell them and what the next Nancy Pelosi says she’s 80 years old and because probably AOC as House speaker if the house doesn’t flip back in November. Democrats have a track record ranging of disliking to hatred for the Constitution and Bill of Rights, they have already started on chipping away at the First Amendment telling us how we are allowed to talk or otherwise communicate. In complete fairness I cannot trust most Republicans still because they have caved so many times over the past few decades. That’s all I will say so the discussion doesn’t step into a minefield

3 Likes

Unfortunately, no matter how much you delete, the information is already out there and captured.

Our forum is about education and training to best defend yourself. It does not mean you have a firearm, it means you want to know how to defend yourself. It shows that you’re taking the steps to become educated on how to defend yourself. Maybe you’re renting a gun? Maybe you’re borrowing a gun?
Maybe the Second Amendment still gives us the right to keep and bear arms…

7 Likes

That’s true Dawn very true. Education and training.

5 Likes

I do. I think the pendulum has swung too far in one direction and will be coming back to center. I have to believe that we are not enslaving our children and grandchildren. Otherwise, I’d be moving to a different country today.

7 Likes

I trust in and believe your knowledge.
It’s a far far different America than the one I grew up in. I think my generation started the mountain slide the hippies in my generation

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure (I pray) I won’t see it but it will happen. 20, 50, 100 years…?

Robert, I’m a bit younger than you, but still, I remember seeing rifles in the back windows of pickup trucks in the high school parking lot I went to. It was a little tiny town in the country then. No grocery store, you had to travel into Columbus to shop. Now, that is one of the wealthiest communities in the suburbs of Columbus, OH. Times change. Your generation may have started it but it was kicked into overdrive by one Bill Clinton when he brought Political Correctness to America.

6 Likes

Bundy Ranch, Malheur Refuge Standoff, and Whiskey_Warrior_556 are examples of Americans showing up, regardless of what you think of the individuals involved. I suspect there will be a different strategy here than is being used in New Zeland.

4 Likes

NZ LE must be very efficient, they are already done confiscating all the firearms from gangs and criminal thugs, and now are onto more law abiding populus.

Thankfully, the kids didn’t quite get what was going on

Oh yea? Maybe you should educate them.

6 Likes

I had a guy today on social media say, “The second amendment was changed before it will change again.”

Those are the comments that make me worry…
I shouldn’t worry but, I still do…

4 Likes

Yeah Bill Clinton I’m not going to say anything about him because I don’t have anything good to say I won’t say anything.

4 Likes

Hi Randall,
Yes you should at least have a concern. The second amendment or any and all amendments can’t be changed. And to what result? Changed how, we the people have proven that we cannot change it. The bureaucrats? Our Congress people? Senate? Lobbyists? Convicted criminals input? Any Swamp members? Anyone who is in the Beltway?
Because once it begins it’s over. Being politically correct with no offensive words because nowadays it seems like whatever someone says we offend everyone. So you can tell whoever you were talking to (how can I say without breaking community rules)???
Once you start changing they are all going to change or be all revoked

4 Likes

@Robert8,

Jesus said this concerning the last days, “And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.” (Matt 23.10)

We honestly live in a day of offense.

6 Likes

@Randall318. I didn’t know Randall, I firmly and openly believe in God and God’s power but you are the Biblical Scholar buddy.
What’s that called an Infidel? Gotta throw in my Dry Humor

2 Likes

I am interested in seeing if New Zealand will throw that evil woman out of office with the next election. I suspect a fair number of their citizens are hoping so. Like, perhaps the former owner of a .22 Bunny Rifle.

3 Likes