Texas School Shooting

I hope you’re right, Brandon and a pen are more deadly than my AR-15 and a scope! Historically, we know this to be true, there are turncoats everywhere you look! What’s to stop them from burning Rome to the ground if they don’t get what they want! It’s playing out now in front of our eyes. We go from one distraction to the next! Soon we’ll be cheering for blood and bread! Don’t think for one second he can’t do this. He is king.

He’s destroyed a country in less than 2 years with that pen. We like to believe it won’t hold up, but what exactly are we going to do about it when he does? We’re not going to do a thing, we may post a few memes and have our free speech stifled, and we’re going to take it like everything else he’s already done! Just the way they planned!

We may own half the world’s firearms but we’re acting like all the worlds sheep!
No dictator on earth has accomplished what Brandon has in 18 months. With a pen and half a brain!

So I hate to say this, but whatever Brandon wants, Brandon gets! Prove me wrong! That slippery slope just got oiled! It might not have happened at 8:30 but we’re never going to see it coming! Actually I do see it coming and have seen it coming.

Does it sound like I’ve lost faith in our system, absolutely! If we haven’t stopped what’s happening now, we’re done! We allowed it to get this far.
Sometimes the forest needs to burn to the ground before we can see a rebirth! We are in the midst of a tyrannical government and a full on invasion and we’re making memes! There’s no app that can fix this.

He could sign a paper tomorrow and it will be all over! No one is going to lift a finger. If they do, please call me! I really don’t feel like switching sides!

You seem very adept at responding without actually answering the question or taking a stance.

When the murderer showed up at the school, other than his, how many guns were present?

Bonus question, when the shooter entered the school, other than his, how many guns were present in the school?

Is the answer to both of those questions…0?

1 Like

heading to bed, let’s see what is reported in the morning…

So it is settled, we are in agreement, the problem is that there were literally 0 guns there other than the murderers when he showed up, the solution is in fact more guns where they are needed most.

Thank you for wrapping this up before bedtime

2 Likes

Because we need to see the full picture. You might as well ask, why do we need to know when a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun?

The answer is obvious: when you only know one side of the story, you don’t know anything at all.

2 Likes

An executive order repealing the 2A will be worthless. If he were to sign one, are you going to comply? I wouldn’t. And millions and millions of other gun owners won’t either. So the order itself is useless. The real question would come down to enforcement. What would he do to enforce that order? If he decided to send Federal agents door to door to confiscate the guns he would usher in the second civil war. Would they do that? I doubt it…but who knows.

2 Likes

We have a member asking for help. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

"At least two states are considering legislation that would allow lawmakers to ignore federal laws or judicial rulings they believe violate the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Utah lawmakers are considering a similar move as early as next year."

Gotta Love Utah’s attitude towards Federal Government overreach.

4 Likes

Absolutely yes, they would. One of the things we learn in this community, is to be aware of our surroundings, the writing has been on the wall from the moment he said “so help me god”

Did you ever in your dreams ever see federal troops guarding a fortified U.S. Capitol bldg?
How about a V.P. Bailing out felony criminals, or maybe the invasion from the south. These were all unthinkable, unimaginable, did you ever think you would see a speaker of the house, publicly embarrass the office of the presidency by tearing up, on national television, the State of the Union?

They burned cities to the ground, demolished historical monuments, they shut down a country. That’s an amazing accomplishment, they shut down a country to oust an American President! That’s unholy power! They’ve tasted it, like a rabid dog, and they love it! I’ll spare you all the movie references. But later I’ll cite Roger Daltry.

Do I think they will send out federal troops, no doubt in my mind! They may not come marching up to the door, but they will be unleashed and will be following orders! Where have I heard that before?

How do you say in American, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me…
Roger Daltry said it best

“I’ll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I’ll get on my knees and pray
We don’t get fooled again”

4 Likes

Well, sir, one you expect to do it right… the other one proves its done right.

Why was the man able to walk in the school that should have the doors locked so people who wanted to enter had to be identified before they was let in.

4 Likes
2 Likes

From my understanding this is untrue. ALL states required a background check when purchasing ANY type of firearm from an FFL.

The only time a background check is not needed is in a private, person-to-person transfer. Which, in some states are illegal and must be done through an FFL. I don’t believe a private transfer is illegal in Texas but the information I have states that asshole that did this purchased the two rifles from a gun store. So it would have had to have passed a background check to walk out of the store with the weapons.

3 Likes

Breaking News: 4 years ago shooter was arrested for saying he would shoot up a school when he was 18.

The shooter should have failed the NICS Background check.

That doesn’t address your original question: Why do we need to know?

Something occurred to me this morning.
We hear from politicians:

“More guns in the hands of civilians will result in more gun violence”
“Common sense gun laws will stop mass shootings”
“Background checks at the Federal Level will stop criminals from getting guns”
“Your taxes will not increase, not one cent”

And every time it’s simply not true. They can say it in the moment, pass laws to reflect their opinions but in the end, when it’s stupid and wrong they are never held to account for the straight up dishonesty they spew upon us almost continuously.

3 Likes

Well, hold on. The longer point I was trying to make is that there are more things used to commit crime than firearms. If you want to say there are more firearm incidents in the U.S. than the U.K., well, ok. That’s like the old argument people make that say owning a firearm makes you more likely to commit suicide with a firearm. Or living in an apartment makes you more likely to die in an apartment fire. It’s technically true, but also meaningless.

When you say “Maybe there are less mass murder events in the UK,” I can’t argue, but I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. The entire UK is about the size of Michigan, so if all things were equal, I’d expect the UK to have less of just about everything than the US. Also, there are more types of mass murder than just mass shootings.

2 Likes

That’s a rational position and one that is shared with many people. I’ve heard a lot of people say they’d be willing to give up their guns when everyone else does the same.

There’s an ironic cycle that we complete every time a big story breaks involving gun violence. Celebrities rush to denounce gun violence and get some face time. Politicians call for more gun restrictions. And then gun sales go up. I think that this is- at least partially- explained by people who think just like you do. Crap, everyone on TV is shooting each other, I’d better buy a gun.

1 Like

He never was convicted of a felony, nor adjudicated crazy. So, unfortunately, no stopping him this way. It is the family that had enough access to him to see whats going on, the family is where the fault happened.

7 Likes

That’s the point with the bill in the Senate that all the actors are crying about, right? Universal background checks wouldn’t have stopped this person.

The anti-2A people seem to be batting 100 on this. The bills they have at the ready when a mass shooting event occurs never contain any changes that would have prevented the event they are using to promote the bill.

6 Likes