North carolina video swat raid

5 Likes

Looks like murder to me. He wasn’t a threat.

6 Likes

It appears on the video, that he was being totally compliant and didn’t have a gun. Hope he finds a good lawyer.

7 Likes

That’s actually pretty disgusting.

6 Likes

No words left…

6 Likes

At the end after the police discovered they shot an unarmed man, one of them said, “We are all f*cked.” Yes, yes, you are. Thankfully the man survived.

7 Likes

If they can do this to him,
They can do it to you.

Ain’t that the truth?

9 Likes

““armed suspect” present the potential for a hostage situation” combined with “unsuccessful attempts to make contact with the alleged shooter” resulted in the “suspected shooter” being shot after he “engaged in a verbal altercation with officers and emerged from a camper trailer and confronted officers.””

This the kind of crap that drives me crazy. They immediately vilify the home owners, making it look like a dangerous situation. I’m sure they’re pissed that there was a camera, out of their control, inside of the trailer that showed exactly what happened.

9 Likes

yep it was a good thing the guy had it.

6 Likes

I never thought having a camera inside your home was a good idea. outside sure, but this may have given me something to reconsider.

11 Likes

@Karacal
attempted murder thank God the man survived. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

This was uncalled for. I see a big lawsuit against that department and officers going to jail. There were no level heads in all those LEOs on that scene that could have stopped this. WOW- If the man opened the door and turned all the lights on how could they not see he was unarmed. I guarantee that the LEOs will say they thought the robot cam in his hand was a weapon and that’s why they opened fire on him. These are highly trained SWAT personnel. How could this happen?

8 Likes

their orders might be IF IN DOUBT SHOOT THE GUY!

7 Likes

I’m sure the operator of the drone camera could see that the guy had it IMHO

9 Likes

Intentionally

7 Likes

They are SCREWED! Along with whoever wrote this piece of garbage Press Release. This couple will get paid BIG TIME!!! This so, so, sorry and inflames me just to watch it, because that could have been you and I, and probably is…think about it. They [SWAT and SD] must be held accountable.

8 Likes

Hope they get what they deserve. Noteworthy education point, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, have ANYTHING in your hands when approaching police under circumstances where you are called to keep your hands visible. Not trying to justify their actions because they’re not justifiable. Did I say NEVER enough?

4 Likes

Very true, unfortunately, one likely will not be thinking too clearly after being awakened at 5 am. He clearly was not, as he picked-up the robot. I was wondering why he did that, and his not being fully awake was the only likely reason I could think of. He was on his way out of the house at the time.

He certainly appeared confused over what was happening. I would likely be, too, and hope that I would be clear-headed enough not to do anything that would end similarly. He and his wife are truly fortunate to have survived this incident.

The officers should be charged, but that is unlikely. However, these people deserve a huge settlement from all involved, the police departments, and the officers, personally. Events like these, officers should not get immunity.

6 Likes

Probably.
There’ll be a civil suit, either way. They told him to come outside, and then shot him as he tried to comply with their orders. The PD will know who fired based on round counts, but I wonder if they’ll be able to identify who fired first, or if someone gave the command?

7 Likes

No doubt. I would likely have done the same thing. Groggy from sleep and the “what the heck is this” response.

6 Likes