Texas bathroom burglar

8 Likes

“Upon arrival at the scene, officers found Cruz bleeding out on the bathroom floor. A responding officer applied a tourniquet to Cruz, effectively stopping the bleeding and saving the burglar’s life”

One question… WHY?

7 Likes

My first thought also. Now you’re on time. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Me too Sir, What did Dunkin’ run outta donuts???

5 Likes

There’s a very obvious moral to this story…

Timing is everything!

4 Likes

Well, the intruder wasn’t dead; he needed to face a judge and jury for his crime! He will always remember that he got shot, but in addition he’ll get a sentence as well! The application of the law all around, bravo! Look at God; won’t He do it?!

3 Likes

Seriously?

Sure, we’re not heartless killers! The homeowner did his part, law enforcement did their part, now the judge and jury get to do their part! And then when he gets to prison, Ray-Ray and Pooky will do their part! See, everybody gets a part in the saga. Why, because he was alive when law enforcement showed up!

1 Like

The good thing is the homeowner won’t be charged with murder. But this gives cruz a chance to come back for revenge after spending a couple months in jail.

4 Likes

Hopefully, he will have a reformed sense of values, get a job, and live a responsible life. As for the homeowners, they’ll just have to be vigilant, and up to date on their training. Heaven forbid there be another incident with Cruz! That may not go well at all. A firearm is to be employed only as a last resort. If I am in fear of imminent death or grievous bodily injury likely to cause death, my function is to stop the threat, not scare the threat, or wound the threat (because some may regard that as maiming and he may try to sue them later), but to end any chance of recurrence.

3 Likes

Hopefully he will. I guess that’s the point of prison, to reform. Sadly it doesn’t always work out that way.

4 Likes

True, but it wouldn’t be like he didn’t have the opportunity! So, whatever happens after that is on him. He gets to decide the path he chooses to travel.

I’m all about life and the preservation of life. I’m never of a mindset to take anyone’s life, but to do my level best to ensure that they don’t take mine or my family’, and if in the process of that transaction theirs expire then I will be willing to face my Creator and answer for every shot.

4 Likes

I agree 100%. I think the last thing any of us want to do is take a life, even an evil life. Only God has the right to decide that. And it IS his decision what path to follow. God gave us a free will to make our own decisions. some just make poor use of it.

2 Likes

Tongue
In
Cheek

2 Likes

NO, NO, NO! The point of prison is not to reform. Reforming a criminal is like getting a alcoholic to give up alcohol; getting a druggie to give tip his drugs. No external force is going to change any of the three. It has to come from within. They and they alone have top make the choice to change their life. Went to a motivational speech one time. The main topic was “Stop Trying To Motivate People.”
The thrust of his argument was that you cannot motivate someone. They have to motivate themselves. You can kill motivation but you can’t implant it. They have to motivate themselves. Prison is to keep the felon from preying on innocent taxpayers for a set period of time. While he is in prison he can work on going straight but it will not make him go straight. He has to decide for himself that he will not follow the life path he has followed heretofore. No amount of rah, rah deeeep motivational talking by a simpering psychologist is going to make him change his mind. Bubba who has been trying to make him his boyfriend might provide the motivation to not put himself in prison again by going straight but Mr. Handringer the prison sykolojist is not going to.

Man, did I mess that up. I should have gone to bed instead of posting without proofreading. Sorry folks, hope you can read through my typos to get the gist of my text.

1 Like

But if Cruz had died maybe one of his relatives comes to seek revenge? Hard to tell how the ripples from our actions will affect us in the future. All we can do is the best we can do. Then we have to live with the consequences and hope for the best.

1 Like

I can agree with that point. Though I do think prisons could provide better options for those who decide to motivate themselves to change their lives. Right now it seems prisons are mostly schools for learning from other criminals how to be better criminals the next time they are back out on the street.

that is why we need to go back to hard labor again. making big rocks into little rocks or something rough like that. my ex brother in law, was in prison for 8 yrs and he said for the most part it was a vacation.
they need to take away all the things that make it easy.

5 Likes

I’m all for taking away the easy things and getting some useful hard work out of prisoners. It is supposed to be punishment. But I would also like to see some more life and work skill building opportunities emphasized as well for those that want to make a positive change.

2 Likes