Texas bathroom burglar

Years ago we had a guy come into one of our sites pre-screened public area and said he was there to rob the place. He quickly announced he was not armed as he was being subdued by the security force. They knew from the pre-screening he had no weapons or explosives. In fact, even if he had one of Zombie Joe’s F-15s, he didn’t have a chance.

When I asked the Lt in charge of the security what this guy could possibly be thinking. He said the guy picked us so he could go to federal prison, where they had better educational opportunities. I don’t know if the guy got what he wanted. I’m sure it was an educational experience.

2 Likes

Leo,
…that is why we need to go back to hard labor again. making big rocks into little rocks or something rough like that.
YES! and they need a Psychological reminder! When the lights ‘flicker’ (like in the Hanks movie ‘Green Mile’) another skell meets his maker.
The book is closed, all debts PAID, He/She/It gets to walk thru the Pearly gates. The living in prison who aren’t doing life get an ATTITUDE Adjustment that this is waiting for them when they get released and go out and do Stupid Sh-- again. There is no fixing stupid, but there is scaring them straight!

2 Likes

Don’t wish too hard for extra-harsh prisons guys. Remember there are accounts on the site blog about legal gun owners who ended up in prison after having to defend themselves, because they ran into the wrong cops, prosecutors or judges who wouldn’t give them the benefit of the doubt. Any one of us could end up in the same sinking boat if we ever had to even so much as draw our guns in self-defense.

And God forbid we have to pull the trigger, and one of our bullets strikes an innocent. Even the best defense lawyer would have a tough time getting us out of serious prison time then, especially if that innocent dies.

I’m not saying prisons should be country clubs, especially for robbers and murderers and the like, not at all. Just remember anti-gun people often consider us no better than the criminals we arm ourselves against, and would love to throw us in prison with them, if they can’t get us to give up our guns. So that hard-core prison you wish for, you could end up serving time in it!

2 Likes

I ran into a felon one time who couldn’t wait to get back to San Quentin. He was the starting center on the San Quentin football team and they assured him they would hold his position for him if he returned. He held up a Stop N Rob and waited around for the cops to show up. To them, “Yep, I’m your guy.” He told the judge he wanted immediate sentencing so he could get through the Reception Center and get back to San Quentin. He said prison was a lot easier than street life. He knew what time meals were; when lights out and lights on were. He didn’t have to worry about washing his clothing or shopping for groceries, paying rent on time or any of the myriad details of living on the streets. Life in prison was simple and he was somebody in prison. He was the starting center on the football team. On the streets he was nobody. There used to be twenty year privates and PFCs in the military service but they started up or out and now there are no 20 year privates. The felon I met probably would have been happy as a twenty year private or PFC but that avenue of life was closed off just before I got out 64 years ago. The guy I am talking about probably wasn’t bothered by Bubba. He looked as if he could handle himself if need be. I suspect making the starting team in prison is a lot tougher than making the starting team for a pro team. Lot more going on in the tackles than on the pro field.

1 Like