Teen Gangs

16 Likes

The worst mistake that young men make is in assuming that old men are no longer dangerous. So sad that in this case they were teens. I know that it is heartbreaking for their parents.

11 Likes

IMHO the victim reacted as he should have. The teens were armed and were committing a violent felony. I thank God the old man came out on top.

15 Likes

It is heartbreaking but at the same time the old man did what he had to do. Problem with old men like myself is we are unable to run as easily.

14 Likes

This is exactly why we carry, why we train, why we learn. I go to the gym 4 times a week to train and spar with pro fighters, when they ask why a 63 YO man does it my answer is “When the little bastard on the street picks me, I’ll have a chance” unlike many that seem to have simply given up. This guy was ready, he was willing and he was able, Bravo!

8 Likes

Why heartbreaking? One less career criminal on the streets and maybe, just maybe, the other two will decide a life of crime doesn’t pay, although I doubt it.

3 Likes

From working with gangbangers in Chicago if you are in a gang you’re in it for life. They try to leave they’ll be murdered.
One of my employees called in sick for 3 days, I finally drug the truth out of one of his friends, he got shot in the ankle when he dove under a car after trying to quit, they decided to revoke his membership.

2 Likes

I understand the frustration with the gangs and the teenage criminals and some even younger. At the same time it is always heartbreaking to me to see a life wasted. Yes it was their choice if they had a choice. Often parents in those situations are as bad as the kids and you see that like breeds like. From time to time not often I see a life story where some young man or woman escaped that lifestyle and turned themself around. I can rejoice at that and thank God and his son Jesus Christ. I’m also thankful that my own children and their grandchildren are on positive life paths. We are coming up on that special season. While it could be said we should make all seasons special I am reminded that when Christ was questioned why he was eating supper with the thieves and harlots he simply responded because that was where he was needed.

6 Likes

Frequently when I had to work in juvie court, it was easy to see where the problem lay. Get the kid out of the clutches of his parents and perhaps he might be saved. However, that said, often times the alternative of placing the kid with foster parents was equally as bad. Too many foster parents are in it for the extra money it brings in and have little regard or affection for the foster child. Not to condemn all foster parents, but too many fit in the in-it-for-the-money category.

5 Likes

Having spent the majority of my childhood growing up in foster care and youth homes. The statement @CHARLES514 made is depressingly true.

Edit: My experience with foster care was besides the money, they also used the foster children as free labor as well.

3 Likes

Watch your back out there. :thinking:

4 teens arrested in baseball bat beating death in Nebraska (msn.com)

6 Likes

In another thread I mentioned, “…a threat having a tender appearance…”

5 Likes

Kudos to both The Western Journal and 2 News in Chicago for fair and unbiased reporting on this crime. And kudos to the clear head the would-be victim kept during the event. Good shooting. (double entendre intentional)

2 Likes

Yah maybe. Hope in one hand… well you know.

1 Like

Every single person on this earth has a choice! I don’t care what your circumstances are; you can either choose the easy life which may be no life, or you may choose to stand up for yourself, get a job, work hard, develop good character…

8 Likes

MY MAN!

HENCE, the true definition of “PROSPERITY.”

It has been said, “THE ONLY MONEY THAT AN OLD HAS TO SPEND IS WHAT A YOUNG MAN SAVED.”

Do with that what you will…

4 Likes

Agree but with one little change You referred to him as “victim”, by exercising his 2A rights he avoided becoming a victim. A better moniker would be “defender”.

Cheers

1 Like

Exactly right! If you spend more than you make, you never save!!

3 Likes

In the U.S. it’s called a “flash mob” in Canada it’s called a “swarming”. In either case your dead. :skull_and_crossbones:
Beware the swarm of sweet young girls.

8 teen girls charged with murder in Toronto man’s swarming death (msn.com)

7 Likes

Wow, that’s chilling! Again, a threat can have a “tender appearance.” I truly hope this doesn’t become “a thing.”

3 Likes