TAURUS for concealed carry?

Ah yes, the “cute” factor! Got my wife too!

3 Likes

I have the PT-1911 in .45, just needed a little polishing and TLC to be 100% the PT-709 in 9mm ran 100% right out of the box and is still going but the trigger still sucks, I shoot it well because I shoot it a lot.

3 Likes

Ive had 3 of the G2C pistols, my wife claimed one, friends of hers loved one so much i had it shipped to their FFL so they could take it home and mine is carried here and there but mainly used to help train people new to firearms.

Taurus was hit and miss with their semi-autos before the G2 series… After the G2 series. They fixed their reputation and make good quality affordable handguns.

One of these days I’ll pick a couple more G2/3 series pistols to have around…

5 Likes

They are working great for my family and I . But that is from my experience. Canik is on its way up the the scale also. :us:

4 Likes

Personally, I carry a Taurus G2C, in rotation with my Glock 22, and I tend to carry the Taurus more. I am pretty accurate with it, and it is so comfortable to carry. I didn’t choose it just because of the price. Taurus makes some great, reliable handguns, based on the experience I have had with them. When it was time for my son to get his first handgun, I suggested the Taurus brand to him, and that is what he got.

I have had zero issues or malfunctions with it, and I have trained with with it regularly, for the past 3 years.

5 Likes

Uploading: 16A1DB48-E0AE-468E-8A32-80C0C5B1DA8B.jpeg…
Uploading: 646B499F-2843-451C-A393-E927FC780386.jpeg…

Great pistol for the money fits holsters from safari land gls

5 Likes

G3C isn’t bad at all.

3 Likes

For the guys who know you get the best accuracy out of 147 grain bullets and practice

4 Likes

I’m a geezer who if told 10 years ago that I would own a Taurus would have said you were full of bull. Well, after much research into an inexpensive carry pistol for a friend, not only did I recommend the G3c but bought one for myself. I shoot blazer target 115gr & Hornady 124+p defensive ammo with this pistol because It runs them through with no issues. It’s not my primary EDC but I have enough confidence in it that I would

have no problem carrying it

5 Likes

I found that they are excellent first guns. The double single action is what changes the game.
For me

2 Likes

Yeah really like that, excellent for dry fire practice. Never had to use it on live fire. Also their warranty, I understand they stopped it for awhile & came back to their senses.

1 Like

The second strike isn’t much of a selling point with me. In my training if the round doesn’t fire the 1st time, I’m racking the slide. However it’s fantastic for dry fire

2 Likes

I found a pretty good video comparing the G2C to the G3C.

My friend has the G2C, and some of the things I didn’t like about it were the stippling on the grip (Which I found too abrasive) the trigger (In which the trigger safety never fully depressed into the trigger) and the finish. (Which was prone to wear)
The G3C addresses all of these.

It’s still just a little thick for my liking, but for the price (As low as $250 on guns.com) the fact that it comes with 3 metal mags, and the field strip is so simple (Like Glocks) I’m actually considering it as a backup weapon. Also, it is great for dry firing with a laser.

1 Like

I made mine before they came out they are great first guns and teach trigger control from this you move to the beretta 92 shortened trigger and a trigger job in a bag then glock trigger then the 1911 standard trigger then the 2011 with a 2.5 lbs adjustment once these are practiced and the nuance extracted you can feel the difference when someone says a creepy trigger and a glass rod break

3 Likes