Talon Grips

for a 1911… is pretty much permanent… and adds to your grip… very easy install…

2 Likes

Been using Talon Grips for a few years now, love the added grip.

5 Likes

I had a Walther P99 which I dropped Talon Grips on and loved them. I agree, they provided no-holds-barred control and manipulation.

There were only two downsides to them (one of which didn’t really apply to me). Ensure you have the right backstop on your handgun prior to sticking the Talon Grips on because once they’re on, they’re on. Number 2; when I went to sell the gun (forced to do so due to an expensive divorce, and yeah, I nearly shed some tears when I did), the gun shop I sold the gun to didn’t seem to appreciate the Grips. The owner reviewed and teased at the Grips to see if they would come off easily, either to ensure they were stuck on there solidly or because he thought they would diminish the value of the gun when he went to resell it.

Over all, however, I would still recommend them if you’re looking to up the handle on your blaster.

Peace.

3 Likes

I’ve had mine on my LCP Max for 6 months as well as the Glock 42. The max always stays in the lockbox in the truck, unless it’s in my pocket, haven’t seen any kind of release with 95+ temps. Will buy more for my LCP 2 and LCP 2-22LR, and probably the P365. Don’t need them for the Hellcat, anyone who’s got one knows what I mean, sandpaper-like grips…

3 Likes

I have the rubberized version on several firearms and love them. I tried the grit style and found they chaffed my bear skin. And no, I’m not telling you where I hid it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have several rubber type and one of the new in between pro style as well, which is my new favorite for concealed carry. Good stuff for guns with less than perfect factory grip texture. I tried the granular for iwb once and it was atrocious on bare skin

1 Like

I know that there are several manufacturers that make better grips out there but long time age i bought a packmar grip for my 1911 45acp and was so happy with it’s been on it all this time and has given me the best grip for my hands so also i bought one for my wife’s browning 9mm high-power and that too works very well for my wife. Many thousands of rounds later they still fit us quite well, now i know us shooter have many different kinds of hands so it’s a shopping experience to find what works for you. Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt.:cowboy_hat_face::cactus::us::sun_with_face::sunglasses::statue_of_liberty::dart::ferris_wheel::sparkles::us_outlying_islands::+1:

1 Like

I have found that the Talon grips have made the usability of the 43X much greater. I look forward to hearing other talk about their experiences.

2 Likes

I highly recommend a Wilson Combat grip module for your P365. Takes about 2 minutes to swap out the OEM.

2 Likes

My grandson attached his to the G43X. For that particular handgun they work great. However on a heavier weighted handgun, like my Kimber Ultra Raptor II, I prefer a grip that grips me!
VZ grips, Operator II very aggressive grips!

Put the same G10 grips, in black, on my wife’s P238.

1 Like

I use a timer while training I applied Talon grips to my 17 and 19. With Talon grips applied I shaved a 1/10 of a second off my time. I am now in low 0.8s a few high 0.7s. They work good for me

1 Like

I’ve always been able to remove grips without difficulty by following the manufacturer recommendations. I’ve also gotten them to last much longer than the 1-2 years they claim, and that’s on an EDC that is carried most of the time.

2 Likes

Agree that I prefer G10 or micarta on my 1911s. Talon Grips are for polymer frames.

2 Likes

I have Talon Grips on my Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry. Greatly improved the slippery polymer frame. I also added a Pachmeyer Grip Glove, but took that off after a couple of range trips. Thankfully it only costs $10., so no big loss. But I don’t have them on my Taurus G3XL for 2 reasons: it is strictly a backup firearm, and the stock frame texture is more aggressive than most compacts. I rotate the 2 guns at the range every other week (shooting each monthly), carry the Beretta off-body daily, and the Taurus in the car also, reachable between my legs under the driver seat in a fixed position polymer holster.

2 Likes

I just recently put them on my Springfield hellcat and love them. I chose the pro grips which are just slightly smoother than the most aggressive that they offer and they are comfortable against my skin but still give me positive purchase. Since I carry this tiny 3 inch barrel as my EDC and choose to use a federal 147 grain HST as my ammo they help me control recoil. Only had them on about 3 months so long-term is still up in the air but if I had to replace them even once a year I think I would do it

2 Likes