Suggestion for 9mm pistol that is easy to rack/minimal recoil with arthritis?

Clayton3, I just went to the ArachniGRIP site (https://www.arachnigrip.com/) and realized it is a SLIDE grip! I had not heard of slide grips before thats why I responded about handle grips. I am exploring the ArachniGRIP. So thanks again!

2 Likes

I’m glad I spelled the name right Pat…lol…
They are gun specific and made a World of difference to me!
I think you will really be impressed at how much they help…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Or consider a Bond Bullpup. Very easy to rack, though pricey and so what unconventional in operation

2 Likes

Smith & Wesson also makes a 9mm performance center that is very similar to the ez380. Very Easy rack and depending on what ammo you put through it very little recoil. My suggestion is to with the ez380. I have 3 of them and 1 of the 9mm. I love the 380s.

1 Like

You have an ez I 9mm? My gun shop said they haven’t made one yet because having problems with the springs. But that was a while ago I would love to have an ez in 9mm.

1 Like

They have a 9mm in the same dimensions and slide weight as the 380 but it’s not an ez. It is from their performance center. It comes with all the goodies including nice optics site.

1 Like

Sorry, but I have to disagree on the 9mm S&W shield being easy to rack. I had a shield 9 mm (Version 1.0) and it was the hardest to rack of all 4 of my 9mm pistols. Larger frame guns will likely be a little easier to rack than smaller guns.
My neighbor had similar arthritis problems, so we tried many guns. No 9 mm we tried was acceptable, so she settled on the 380EZ. Big difference.

1 Like

Walther CCP M2… Lightweight, it’s chambered in 9mm, and it’s an easy shooter. Only issue would be the takedown which is unconventional. :v:t5:

1 Like

I like my Taurus G2C. Small, easy to grip, 12+1, 9mm, easy to operate.

1 Like

Have you looked at any of the grip-assist accessories that go on the slide?
I haven’t used any of these, but they might be an option if it’s just a grip strength issue, and not an arm strength issue. Here are a couple I’ve seen:

The oversized rear lates do help. One on our Glock helped my wife a bunch.

1 Like

Clayton, Thanks again for the tip about arachnigrips. I now have them on my Sig P320 XC and my S+W M+P Shield! They truly make for an easier grab. I noticed the difference right away!

1 Like

I am so glad that you found them helpful Pat!
I also noticed an increase in dexterity when I tried them…:slight_smile:

1 Like