Spring isn't here!

I was installing a new trigger on my Ruger Security 9 and just as I was putting it back together the slide stop spring went flying. That baby is gone. I’ve spent hours with a broom and magnet checking my entire shop, including open boxes and buckets, all to no avail.

Does anyone know where I might find one of these? I have a message in to Ruger but with their short staffing I’m afraid to guess how long it might take them to get back to me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Have you tried Brownells or Midway web sites?

2 Likes

I second this :point_up_2:

and…
Check this Company as well: :point_down:

Galloway Precisions

@David38 .
I’m sure you get the part soon…

In the meantime… try to understand this small spring… how this little baby felt jumping out from the handgun… :hugs: :wink: :yum:

4 Likes

I’ve tried all the usual places and found no listing. I’ll call them all on Monday.

2 Likes

If nobody has this spring - buy CZ. You can have every single part for it from at least 5 manufacturers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

S&W is sending me a part. They said it would be here in about 10 business days. May be worth seeing if Ruger responds. Of course, each company may be functioning differently right now.

@David38 If I only had a dime… :rofl:
I meant… sorry for your lose. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I’ve had a CZ clone and liked it, but I’m working on a Ruger Singularity with my EDC and home defense guns.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Your local range?

Good suggestion, under most circumstances, but my local range is some benches on state land. No gun shop, no range officers, no bathrooms, etc.

Ruger Sent me a spring, no charge! It arrived in today’s mail. I’m going to put it in tomorrow, but not until I dig some kind of curtain to catch it if it decides to take off again.

3 Likes

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I’m a Ruger fan boy… :slight_smile:

IT’S ALIVE!!! I managed to install the spring and reassemble my pistol without further incident. I did hang a bedsheet from the overhead shelf and drape it behind me, just in case. All functions have been restored and trigger pre- travel reduced.

3 Likes

Was going to recommend Numrich for your part, but you found it!

I almost always forget about the safety detent spring when I detail strip my 1911’s… I have ordered spare springs and detents, but have found a large clear plastic bag is very handy at capturing parts that want to fly away.

Took my pistol out to the range today and am glad to report that it functions perfectly, despite my gunsmith misadventures. Also, the new trigger from Galloway Precision is a great improvement.

4 Likes

@David38, I’m wondering if you find your original spring one day… :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

In my experience, that usually happens the day you get the replacement.

2 Likes

So it is right time for @David38 :grin:

1 Like

@Jerzy Yes, he can just pretty much close his eyes, reach down, and pick the old one up now. :+1:

1 Like