Sometimes being a Dad is just plain fun

Gee, thanks for setting my mind at ease, lol! I’m pretty vigilant when it comes to my kids as it is, I can’t begin to think of the stress I’m going to feel when they’re teens. My son is also very protective of his sister and so is her step-dad, so God help any boy that wants to date her! It helps to have good communication and be on the same page with my kids’ mom and step-dad too. We all actually get along well.

3 Likes

I, honestly think that as Dad’s we set our daughters up for success by letting them know that they are special, and amazing. That anyone who doesn’t treat them that way doesn’t deserve to be with them.

I honestly think that is the most important thing we do as Dad’s, for our daughter’s. Is to set them up for success and model the behavior that we want our daughter’s to accept.

I know my daughter and I had Daddy/Daughter night every week. I would take her somewhere, I always opened doors, held her chair, helped her in and out of the car and was respectful.

Hardest thing was teaching her boyfriend that she would pay for half the dates. I have always been firm that I was not going to raise her to be some man’s :trophy:. I wanted her to be strong and able to take care of herself. So she would be with someone because she wanted to be, not because she had to.

3 Likes

Wow… I make what could be considered a “somewhat” sexist post… and the only two “likes” are from women (@Dawn @Zee). I will never understand this complicated world we live in. :thinking:

1 Like

Dude, humor, it’s a thing :wink:

5 Likes

True, that and treating their mother and other women with respect, even if you’re not together anymore like my situation.

1 Like

Im with you on this one. I have sons and daughters. I warn my boys about girls. Sorry dads, but girls are sometimes worse than the boys. Ive seen it. I could say more but I probably shouldn’t

3 Likes

I liked it to just mess you up :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I like everything. Just so I can keep track of where I was when I left the thread .

3 Likes

I was a boy, so I know how bad we are at that age😇. I only have one child, my daughter, so it was/is my biggest goal to raise a strong, and fiercely independent daughter.

It’s gone pretty well so far. I am so proud of her. If I never accomplish anything else in this life. I’m good with my life. My wife and I raised an amazing young woman.

2 Likes

Its all good. I had a dad like you. He was 20 year Navy. Master Chief. When I lived in a small little apartment type home, ( before I was married) I had a man reveal himself to me, (opened his robe with nothing on underneath…). I was young, so I called Dad. He and my uncle raced the 10 miles to my home. My step mom was so afraid what he would do that SHE called the police. I later found out that when the police officer asked him if he had a gun in his bomber jacket that he had on he commented" I don’t need a gun". My Uncle told me, he told the guy if he ever even looked in my direction again he would rip his d— off, stick it down his throat and listen to him gurgle… IF this is inappropriate, feel free to delete it. My dad was scary!!

4 Likes

In all my years in the Navy I have yet to meet a Master Chief (as well as many Senior and regular Chief’s) that could not put the fear of GOD into some young persons soul with a look and a few choice phrases that made it abundantly clear that your life was a thread away from ending in the most gruesome and horrific manner. GYSGT Hartman was a rank amateur compared to some of the verbal A$$ chewings I have been privileged to witness.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Don’t forget the stomach destroying coffee, a cup of that could melt a spoon. I wasn’t in long enough to get the necessary surgical enhancement to stomach the chief’s mess coffee. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Zavier_D It’s not a surgical enhancement. It’s called initiation (oh wait, they don’t do initiation anymore :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ) I was in Pearl Harbor when I made Chief and it was the last year of initiation as we knew it with the kangaroo court and judgement by Davey Jones. I had been up for the better part of 3 days doing ORSE on a submarine (As a Sub IDC ) and of course ORSE work ups before hand so I was already pretty fragged when I began Initiation with 30 some other Slugs that I had never met before that day. Talk about being a fish out of water.

We pulled in at 1700, Initiation commenced at 2000 and I was handed a list of 200 items to provide to the Court by 0700 the next day. I came home, kissed my wife and kids, gave greetings to my inlaws (FIL was a prior Senior Chief, Warrant Officer, CDR and CO) handed the wife and the MIL the LIST and begged for their good will and forgiveness, the FIL proceeded to fill me up with Scotch as the girls went “shopping”. FIL delivered me slightly inebriated at the appropriate place and time and in the correct uniform which was one piece of every uniform I ever wore and the festivities began. It was the greatest day of my F%#&*!G life. Got pinned with my FIL’s Anchors and after it was all over went back to the boat, got the Topside Watch to take a pic. Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand but I felt like sharing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

Closest I got was becoming a shellback. Truly memorable, very disgusting, and highly entertaining. USS Kincaid DDG 965. Was between schools flew us to Japan to join cruise, and finished in Australia.

2 Likes

Can I just say IT ROCKS being here with you guys :smiley: I love the caliber of folks we have Right Here.

Yes, YOU. I’m talking to YOU.

Makes me feel like this :smiley:

Just me, in here with the Big Dogs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

pcloth2, you may not believe this, but my wife and I went on our first solo date on our honeymoon! Prior to our wedding, we had only gone out in group settings. So, it IS possible. Glad you care enough about your daughter that you want to protect her from evil.

Stay frosty!

don

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Don34!

As a mom, I would agree with that! All kids need to know they’re special, amazing and unconditionally loved. It’s huge to their development of self-worth.

2 Likes

I, absolutely believe, it is the most important job a parent has.

My wife and I wanted one child boy/girl didn’t matter. So we could focus our attention as parents and our resources on raising our family.

Not a statement about other parents having more or less children than we did. That was just what we wanted as parents. There is no right or wrong # of children for a family.

Just that you give your child/children every bit of love, support, and affection that you can.

Every child deserves that chance.

3 Likes