So, How do You Keep Your Holster from Creeping?

@Jason148, if you have adjustable clips on your holster if it’s IWB you can raise the clips and your gun will ride lower on your belt. If it’s an OWB if your belt is to tight the holster tends to stick out a little more. It’s just a matter of a simple adjustment. I know because it was happening to me and I corrected it.

2 Likes

@Johnnyq60 Thanks Johnny I’ll mess with it today. To me it seemed that tighter would be better but I will give it a shot. Thanks!

2 Likes

Usually, but not always. Everybody’s body is different. There are many variables in similar holsters and a belt is not a belt is not a belt. Especially true of leather, because it “breaks in” over time just like boots, ball gloves, etc.

1 Like

Unfortunately my current holster can’t be adjusted any further but should be receiving a new one any day now.

2 Likes

So I was messing with the new belt and holster yesterday and the Versacarry belt “prints” way too much for my liking. It’ll be fine for an OWB holster but I’ll go back to my old belt for IWB. At least I caught Versacarry during a sale and only spent $25 for the belt rather than the normal cost.

1 Like

Put some belt keepers in front of the belt loop. They will extend the belt loop forward much like washers do to nuts. Any police supply place will have belt keepers and they are not expensive.

1 Like

I just finished designing and building a IWB appendix carry holster for my Desert Eagle .357 Magnum pistol. I Found several ways to stop creep and a good way to stop belt loop slipping. I may put in for a patent protection?

1 Like