So, How do You Keep Your Holster from Creeping?

Got one;… it is as the reviews stated hard to tighten, but once you figure out how, it works great… and I have not had it loosen up…

My only issues are… it is made in China… and it is not as thick or stiff as another nylon belt I have… but they are no longer in business…

Now looking at a Nexbelt…

3 Likes

Got one… it works…
Have not tried it with the aliengear yet, but OWB holsters it works fine…

1 Like

I’ve never had issues tightening it but I guess some folks have. It’s not as heavy as some of my other nylon belts but then again those belts are too bulky to wear with regular slacks for street wear. This 5.11 seems to me a good compromise between a “tactical” (Lord I hate that word applied to clothing :rofl:) and street wear.

3 Likes

The tightening issue is the belt will not slide through the buckle when tightening (which is good as it will not loosen up easily while wearing), unlike other nylon belts where the belt will pull through with effort, this one simply will not move… so, pull it tight, pull the buckle out as you feed the end through the second part… and tighten. It gives less than .25 inch so over tighten when you pull…

If that makes sense. Have to lift the buckle to feed the belt through the other side. It just happened that by doing so, it tends to hold it so it will not slip back through and loosen. Most of my other nylon belts have metal buckles so not sure if it is due to the plastic… but found a system that works.

2 Likes

That’s right on the money and I always thought that was intuitive that you have to slide through one side first to tighten and then lift buckle and slide through the second side to lock in place. That’s why the buckle has a little tab on it to make this easier. If you go through both sides and THEN try to tighten it will not budge.

2 Likes

Two oclock–so basically over the front pocket of your pants?
That seems like a harder place to conceal. Can I ask how you ended up deciding on that position for carry?
Have not heard about that much.
I’d say appendix is about 12 to 1 oclock–depending on the gun and holster. 2 oclock seems–kind of tough to manage for me.

1 Like

I kept having a problem with my holster creeping back at the 4 and 3 o’clock positions. There is a belt loop that puts my holsters at 2 o’clock and the creep is limited… I have enough soft tissue at that position that seems to help the no print.

It works-- I dunno…

1 Like

Try changing out the stock belt clips with a aftermarket clip called Ulticlip. $10-15 each but they will lock the holster in place. Cindy my bride uses them on a couple different IWB holsters.

1 Like

Me and my wife already use them.

1 Like

And you still get creep!!! Wow they work for her.

1 Like

My wife has no issue. …Im still figuring mine out… right now the belt loop limits the creeoping.
We both like the Ulticlip

1 Like

Danny, it sounds like you’re doing everything right–thinking about it the right way.
Maybe a belt keeper?

2 Likes

I think that’s a good idea… I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

I wear a good quality Conceal carry specific belt to keep mine in place. At a flea market once I saw a man working with leather that was making excellent ones

2 Likes

I use Winthrope holsters and , Relentless tactical belts

1 Like

I simply don’t buy creepy holsters :rofl:

2 Likes

Just guessing, but it sounds to me like you have 4 basic choices:

Tighten your belt a notch.

Lose the gut.

Get used to carrying the compact EDC and keep your full size duty pistol for open carry.

Try a belt keeper, but my experience is they only work well on compatible duty belts.

1 Like

I recently bought a Versacarry belt. It’s thick and holds everything well enough but I noticed that I’m “printing” in shirts that I wasn’t before when I was just using a casual belt. Any thoughts on why?

1 Like

I have made my make holsters and sum for other people. A “keeper” would help it is a strap that goes around belt between your holster loop and belt loop and is wide enough to go between the to so it can’t slide back. you can find some tactical gear to put on the belt between the the two loops like a tourniquet, flashlight, etc. You can put heavy duty Velcro on the inside holster clips and belt to hold in place. I have made gun belts with the Velcro on the inside and equipment holders with Velcro tabs. some police belts are like this. These have worked for me.

2 Likes

I have a American buffalo belt and it is thick 3/8" and wide. It is like you put on a few pounds around your waist. it shows. You need a bigger shirt so it does not show. I use a bigger shirt with that belt.

1 Like