Small of the Back Carry

See, though, that’s where I disagree. I agree that SOB carry can cause back pain, but I don’t think it has to. I found a holster that fit me, and I find it so comfortable that I sometimes forget I’m carrying. (That’s another type of risk.) And I don’t think there’s anything particularly wrong with my draw, either. OK, if you and I are having a quickdraw duel at high noon, you’ll win. I find it highly unlikely that I’ll have to react that fast, though, or else I’d never leave the house without plate armor and a rifle at the low ready.

I’m not saying that anyone should carry SOB, I just disagree with all of these reactions from non-SOB carriers that we’re all going to fall and get broken backs and then shoot our calves or our kids. Those are the same type of arguments I hear from anti-2A people… you’ll commit suicide, your kids will shoot themselves, a bad guy will steal your gun and use it against you, your gun will come to life and kill everyone in the house while you sleep, you’ll shoot your eye out.

Your advice is noted, I just have to stand up for my back carrying minority- as LTG Patton said, “one SOB to another.”
:wink:

4 Likes

well noted my brother

4 Likes

Hey Thomas how are you brother. I am giggling my butt off right now because I remember all the ADs Barney had. I found a bunch on you tube and I am in tears right now watching them.

3 Likes

I believe as @MikeBKY - if you are comfortable with what ever position you
carry at it is a wonderful thing. At one time I could pretty much carry and draw
from any position. I am approaching an older age (67) and it seems my hands and
arms don’t reach and bend like they use to. I am locked into the 3 o’clock hour.
Which is good - I can draw and reholster easily, I just wish mr seatbelt wasn’t in
the way all the time. Mike_T :boom:

6 Likes

Having herniated lumbar discs, I would suggest proceeding with extreme caution,
Chronic back pain is a gift that keeps on giving,

3 Likes

Really appreciate all the feedback and discussion. Was aware this was somewhat controversial, but not to this extent. Thank you all for your input.

The wife is wearing her SOB rig more and more and is very much liking it. Although the S&W Model 64 is a bit of a hog on a 4’11" frame as we are discovering now that the weather is getting warmer. Trying to get her into a ‘summer carry’ option of an ez9 on the hip. We shot it the other day and she likes it. Let’s hope…

2 Likes