Shoot Or Don't Shoot - How much time to react?

This video shows how difficult it is for a police officer to deal with an erratic suspect who reaches into a vehicle:

22 Likes

That’s a video the world needs to see. Good video @Gary_H. Something that should be understood by all. When you put a badge on your Putting a target on your back. With all the phones with cameras around, people are just waiting for you to screw up.

11 Likes

I think it also highlights how much further behind the eight-ball we as civilians are. Police are much less likely to get arrested, fined, and/or loose their right to carry because they “brandished” a firearm.

10 Likes

Great video!
During a few of my criminal justice classes, the professor (retired ATF but formal presidential secret service ect) He would pull up shootings on the news and then pull up the reports… He then would make us reenact the scenario in the classroom with airsoft guns/ fake prop knives ect. It was an awesome class. We got away with this due to classes being held at the police academy building and not the main college campus.

5 Likes

I totally agree with Justin47

7 Likes

It’s unfortunate that gun owners are the only ones who will bother to watch this, instead of the defund police crowd.

14 Likes

CCWs and normal citizens cannot play by the rules you just set up. If ANY normal citizen responded the way you describe-- they’d be charged and in prison. The police play by their own set of rules.

2 Likes

I shot him every time he shot me but unfortunately I did shoot the phone guy and died when he pulled both!

6 Likes

Oops! Do not pass GO. Go to jail…

2 Likes

This video is meant to show people why police react the way they do, not to tell CCWs to abide by police ROE.

9 Likes

x2 … Fully agree

4 Likes

I agree that it would be beneficial for the public to see a video such as this. The video will explain the recent police shooting of Jacob Blake.

10 Likes

Wish this could be shared on other social media platforms. Being honest, if I waited until the I could definitely say it was a gun…I got shot or at least shot at every time. Since it is a simulation none of us can say if we truly would have been shot or been able to return fire and neutralize the threat.

Great awareness video.

4 Likes

I shared it to my FB. It got a lot if good support, but also a lot of defunders playing asses. Rank and file folks got it. Still too many idiots and haters. Comments got taken down because of the rancor. Sometimes I think Social media makes things worse. TG for USCCA Community. We disagree at times but @Dawn has helped us stay supportive and guided us back to civility when we stray.

11 Likes

Defund police crowd hates the police irrationally, I do not think any kind of education to trigger empathy with LE would help.

6 Likes

100% agree about being able to have different opinions on here and still remain civil. None of us know everything and the only way to true growth is through open dialogue. I will also agree that rarely happens on other social media platforms. To so many it can only be their way and if you disagree you automatically hate them.

So glad I am part of USCCA.

Stay safe.

6 Likes

That’s for making the effort. Opinions will never be sacred on social media.

4 Likes

Great video. Really drives the point the mindless mobs don’t understand.

6 Likes

Thanks @Hunter6, welcome aboard, lots of great discussions here.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. from Michigan :smiley:

3 Likes