Happening Way to Often! One Must Ask Why?

6 Likes

Yes, another “tragedy” brought by police training to shoot first, ask questions later. He is not the first off-duty officer killed by other officers. They even kill plainclothes officers. I will assume this killing will be written-off like all the others due to they were just following procedures.

Just read about another law-abiding citizen killed by police. Not the same scenario, but still murdered by police procedures. From Ammoland, yet another no-knock warrant that killed a legal firearm owner, also called a “tragedy”. How many more need to be killed before the police procedures that are causing these murders are changed?

8 Likes

ALWAYS EASIER TO FIND FAULT RATHER THAN SOLUTIONS.

1. was this accident caused by lack of training.
  2. did this cop fall thru the cracks, and should never been hired.
  3. the more crime the more accidents percentage wise.
  4. poor or missing info on perpetrators clothing identification.
  5. stupid cop
    This subject has come up before. One thing that’s always left out is

no matter how much training a person gets the outcome is really unpredictable until the moment of truth << some do fail >> pass or fail
having to live with the memories of taking life for as long as you live, think about that.
UNLESS YOUR METAL PASSED THE TEST, DON’T BE SO FAST TO JUDGE.

6 Likes

When my “metal” doesnt pass the test… innocent people dont die.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be the norm, it’s also called “fog of war” ! It’s happening with “normal” folks as well! There is carnage in the streets. There may not be any rubble to clear or trenches to dig, but we are at war!
There was a time when we did walk around with our head up our arse, no longer. If it was the guns fault this would have happened a long time ago. It’s the countries state of mind! We are not healthy! We are not safe! My wife just commented on the fact that she likes being home because it’s safe! My oldest daughter felt the same as she is permitted to work from home one day a week. I don’t think we need to ask why! We need to seriously ask how to fix a broken nation, when the enemy is wearing our flag!
Whether we want to admit it or not we are at war. Our streets are ablaze, morale among law enforcement and first responders is at a pitiful point and we’re playing with national fire, traitors are participating in our downfall at the Olympics, this is no worse than an all out Gun battle. Anyone can feel the stress, even when sitting in the sunshine having your morning coffee!

9 Likes

If your metal doesn’t get tested you won’t be saving life’s either will you ? What’s your job ?
Do you have a solution ?

3 Likes

There is a clear and concise solution, no one can mention it aloud. It worked once before! Historically speaking!
Sometimes Mother Nature has to burn down a forest to create new trees.

5 Likes

What does this mean? Do you mean mettle?

3 Likes

You’ve mentioned no solutions… but you are good at judging people you dont know.

1 Like

Just quoting Blacky.

1 Like

In 2020 there were 225 INNOCENT people killed by the police. Homeowners, a person swatted, a man defending women and children during a “so called” active shooter, two men defending others in Colorado, a grocery store manager, a young woman babysitting her nephew in Ft. Worth… and on and on…

There is a definite problem, but the police are the last ones to admit it.

3 Likes

I am not a police officer, but I am grateful for the training from USCCA and NRA. The
educators / Instructors have been police and military. All training started in class with reviews in
all the safety rules and handling the equipment; no moves made without instructor’s command to
move or touch. This was always repeated and after you have seen and read accidents of someone
getting injured, I am glad for muscle memory, training the positive and correct way. USCCA follows
will follow through with this training and it must be followed or say goodbye and return home.

I have worked in some hot and dangerous factories as a 20-year-old, you get burned or die around the
machinery. Negligence is deadly and costly.

I am very pleased of 5 years of learning and training.

7 Likes

I was not “judging fast”, only commenting on how we always read about police shooting first and asking questions later - that is their policy/how they are trained. It is not only innocents being killed, but at least if it is a violent criminal, we tend to be more forgiving and understanding. When you see the video in the Ammoland story, one can’t just dismiss their tactics that clearly did not give any chance for that person to disarm or comply with their orders. When it is you or a loved one that is treated to this type of state-sanctioned murder, should we be just as dismissive and say they were just following their training guidelines so just forget about it and go away?

Part of the solution is end “no knock” warrants; another is end the shoot first and ask questions later. If any of us did what these officers did, we’d be cooling our heels in jail awaiting trial for murder. There are many more issues, but I see those as the two biggest issues.

5 Likes

Stop or I’ll shoot!.. BANG! has become simply BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

4 Likes

@Bill110 @Dave17 @William_H @Elza1 @Scott52 > At the end of the day the system has failed. My point was ( people will fail or do the right thing under stress) and the memories of our actions either way will be with us forever. So unless you’ve been there don’t be so fast to judge others.

5 Likes

My son and I talk about this “STOP bang RESISTING BANG BANG BANG”…

1 Like

And again, you don’t know who’s been there and who hasn’t… AND, one must judge- especially the police- if there is a hope to prevent it from happening again.

2 Likes

As I stated, I am not “judging fast”. Neither am I judging, only commenting on the obvious.

2 Likes

Respect and Honor to you, I never judged anyone, and I only have high respect for training. Military
and Police have very difficult careers and training, I am in the middle of training and desire to
be quiet and learn. Thank You! No judgements and peace to everyone.

4 Likes

I almost posted about this incident when it happened, to provoke thinking about being “guy holding gun” when the cops show up. I didn’t have the energy for the blaming and flaming that people can’t seem to resist from their Monday morning QB positions.

As I understand it to this point, multiple officers pursued a felon they had not yet seen from a crime scene. They arrived at the residence of the victim to observe a male subject they could not identify retreating into the residence pursued by a man with a gun — who they also could not identify.

Officers with incomplete information stopped the wrong threat. Or defended the wrong victim. The decision was apparently made to act on the apparent situation — rather than wait to investigate more thoroughly after the armed pursuer finished chasing the unarmed party into a residence, and things settled down a bit. Perhaps there is some secret “police method” used to correctly decode such a scenario in real time?

For me the lesson was, if you are “guy holding gun” don’t assume that everyone will immediately figure out you are the good guy. In particular, don’t get so focused on the primary threat that you are not aware of other threats. This might be an unexpected hazard for an officer who is accustomed to working in a team, announced on radio, wearing an identifiable uniform, stepping out of a black and white — and not really thinking that your back is uncovered if you happen to be wearing joggers when reinforcements arrive. Blue-on-blue is no less grim than any other tragic error. :frowning_face:

6 Likes