September- Preparedness Month 2021. Are you?

The most comprehensive Prepping Manual ever!
The “meat and potatoes” start at page 17.

7 Likes

Also.
National Preparedness Month | Ready.gov

2 Likes

Just became my digital book of the month. What are the chances of getting this on Oprah’s book club?

2 Likes

Slim to none on the book club. LOL. Glad you like it, I have went over this 20 times at least and again today and I still made a list for a few things. :us:

1 Like

@BRUCE26

Thanks for posting. I have homework now.:wink:

Another decent thing to pick up is a Boy Scout manual. While not perfect it does cover quite a few topics.

Thanks again for sharing.

1 Like

@Martin36 If you have any questions just ask. I have been prepping since 2005 and try to encourage anyone and everyone. :+1:
Remember the 13 and Ashli Babbitt. :us:

I had forgotten I had downloaded it previously but have been doing due diligence to the concept.

One can ignore the biblical bits and that’s OK but the tales of any religion’s history are similar so LDS or Christian or Jew or Muslim the messages remain the same just by different authors. That being said I thank the LDS for putting it together as a good work of reality.

The 13! Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Stocking up in times of plenty and storing it for times of need is just common sense. Unfortunately common sense is hard to find these days There are a lot of unprepared people who will be on a witch hunt for “hoarders” stashes to fill their bellies when times get tough. Probably the most important part of being prepared is not letting others know you are.

1 Like

And the other side of the coin is to make sure those around you even if across the country are preparing, damned if you do and damned if you don’t. :thinking:

1 Like

It is a conundrum. Fortunately many of my neighbors have either caught the prepper bug recently or are Mormon and were raised that way. I have been trying to convince them not to tell all their unprepared friends how well prepared they are:/ I try to drop hints to unprepared folks without letting anyone know my status. Which may or may not be better than most but far less than I would like to be given more space and funds.

2 Likes

@BRUCE26

Those are definitely tragic.

There are also plenty of natural disasters to be prepared for as well. Those will typically vary by region.

Then you have the things that go sideways due to panic buying. Like gas when the pipeline was shut down due to the cyber attacks. That can happen again. The next time it could be food supply or the grid. You shut down major portions of the grid, even regionally, and man things will get sideways quick.

I plan on reading what you posted over the weekend.

I will definitely ask when I have questions.

Thanks again for sharing.

1 Like

A good explanation. :us:

I don’t usually do doom and gloom, but! :thinking:
P.S. He has an annoying voice I know.

My mom was a farm girl and every Autumn was a time for prepping—laying aside vittles, baking, trimming wicks on kerosene lamps. Dad would service the family car—check tire tread and change wiper blades, put in new antifreeze and the tire chains. Weather proof the house, wrap pipes, new batteries in the flashlights.
It is still that way in my household.

2 Likes

Yup, the same way. I remember my Grandma and Grandpa would grow all their food for a year in a 1/2 acre garden including tobacco. All would hunt deer and bear and can it for the year.
We should all get closer to that time. :thinking:

1 Like

When I got married I was a lecturer at a junior college and my bride was in retail sales (Montgomery Wards, remember them?) She often had to work late, especially during the holidays, so I’d often cook dinner.
I think it impressed her how much food I’d lay away in the pantry since I could always whip something up with a little imagination.

1 Like

My sister’s fridge died. I loaned her my big ice chest (one of those absurdly huge white “marine” ones) to use until the new fridge she ordered arrived (it took nearly a month with the supply chain SNAFUs)
Why do I keep such a large ice chest you may ask?
Because the unexpected happens—power grids fail, fridges fail, supply chains fail—it’s good to be prepared.

1 Like

I am the same way, most of the time I know what we have and where it is.
I can look in the pantry, fridge and cupboards for a minute and come up with a 4 course meal. :us:
Yes I remember Montgomery Wards.

1 Like

Another warning from Canadian Prepper!!!

Another thoughtful video from Canadian Prepper.