September is preparedness month 2024

September- Preparedness Month 2021. Are you? - News & Current Events / Current Events - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

September is preparedness Month 2022- News & Current Events / Current Events - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

September Is National Preparedness Month 2023 - Bullet Points - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

9 Likes

Lots and lots of info here. There are no dumb questions when it comes to survival (tongue in cheek). If you have any ideas, projects, comments or questions please share and post. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Gasoline. Do you store it? I just turned over 20 gals. yesterday, I stored 40 gals. total in 5 gal. cans with a year apart in an outlaying storage shed.
I use Stabil Storage stabilizer, 2oz. per 5gal. can for a 2-year turnaround. The gas yesterday was 2yrs. and 5 months in storage.
I put it all in one vehicle and have been driving around since yesterday morning and no problems, been doing this for the last 5yrs. :+1:

8 Likes
  1. water - purification - storage
  2. food - preparation - storage - fire starting
  3. First aid
  4. personal hygiene
  5. Warmth or cool
  6. self-defense tools
  7. communication
  8. radio/ information
  9. illumination devices
  10. Energy devices

What will you need to remain comfortable and sane?

8 Likes

Nancy and I are thinking of having a Generac Whole Home system installed next year, we have a local dealer in town.
I have 2 generators already, 1 gas and 1 propane.

7 Likes

You might also consider a fuel tank for back-up. The size would be determined by you. Having like a 100-gallon fuel tank would provide a moderate supply of fuel you might need.

6 Likes

Where is the best place to store gasoline if you can’t separate it from your home! At what temperature will it ignite?
My garage can reach from 90 to 115 degrees, always seemed like a bad idea!

5 Likes

“Dude wipes; & Dudette wipes” ?

5 Likes

Lever Lock Steel Drums

No bolts. No tools. Quick-locking lid for easy access.

• Safely store and ship detergents, resins or fertilizers.
  • Durable metal band keeps lid tightly secure.
  • Withstands temperatures of -30° to 250°F.
  • Lined – Epoxy/phenolic coating resists corrosion. FDA compliant.
4 Likes

Those are good for maintaining your personal hygiene and not just your B-crack.

5 Likes

Ya, that much heat can cause lots of issues. Can expansion and warping and evaporation, maybe an underground storage?
I have my shed in the shade and well-ventilated but even so, on really hot days I will prop the door open. :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

A New Administration?
(askin’ fer e fiend) :upside_down_face:)

9 Likes

Speaking of… Been stocking up on these.

$20.99

BigOtters 500PCS Compressed Towel, Disposable Compressed Towel Tablets Bulk Portable Mini Compressed Camping Towels for Travel Home and Outdoor Activities
Color:500pcs

• WHAT YOU GET - 500PCS compressed towels (packed individually). Please note: coin tissue is small, choking hazard! Adult supervision is required for children under 3 years old.
  • COMPACT SIZE - Each of our disposable compressed towel tablets is 0.8 x 0.3 inches, which will expand to 8.7 x 8.7 inches once meeting water. Our compressed towel is portable and functional.
  • HIGHEST QUALITY - Our bulk coin tissues are made from high-quality cotton, durable and reusable, preservative free, alcohol free, fragrance free, scent free, and perfect for cleansing babies, adults, pets, sensitive skin, hands.
  • EASY TO USE - Put our compressed magic towel in cold or warm water for several seconds, the compressed towel will be expansile and become a large towel. Our disposable compressed towel tablet is convenient for clean ups and small enough to add to any bag, purse, backpack, etc. Portable and room-saving.
  • WIDELY USED - Our portable mini compressed camping towels are suitable for wiping eyeglasses, dining table, car, wound dressing, make-up removing and more. Our coin tissues are sanitary and safe, and perfect for multiple occasions like kitchen, hotel, salon, bathroom, office, hiking, camping, traveling, etc.
6 Likes

I live on a Lava Bed. (By (7) inert (for now) Volcano’s). My Back-Hoe Recently sold broke a tooth trying to dig SLIT TRENCHES for… um…er… various uses. A 100 gal. fuel tank would stick out like a Ho in Church unless I built a ventilated shed around it. When they built our houses they used so much dynamite to try an blow away enough Lava so they could put decent foundations down the blew the Primary School (1.5) streets away off her foundation (a total write off) and it was less than (2) years old. If an old truck drives by and it back fires our houses shake from residual PTS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Other recent prepping topics.

They are freaking poisoning us… - News & Current Events / Current Events - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

Fellow brothers and sisters, do you store things like the food boxes? - News & Current Events / Current Events - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

America’s food supply - News & Current Events / Current Events - USCCA Community (usconcealedcarry.com)

3 Likes

With the auto transfer switch, they are great and a real hassle saver. Don’t have to do anything but wait a few moments and power is restored without having to turn off breakers and hook up cords in the dark.

4 Likes

There is always the possibility of a fruit cellar for the storage of the fuel or just an underground tank. I do not know if you have the capability of having a fuel storage tank dug into your property but if you could, bonus points.

3 Likes

Just an idea to put out there, building supplies of food and water should be done over time. Buy extras when out shopping and work on it gradually to maintain a good quantity of survival food and water and equipment. I even rotate items out every so often for freshness.

And remember, “a country boy can survive.” Hank Williams JR.

6 Likes

Well considering MA is gonna start keeping a record of all ammo purchased here, (and heard a 9,999 limit but not sure on that part), id say i gotta start stacking more before they keep track in october)

5 Likes

A running list of Prepper.coms I have been reading recently.
Many are a rehash of a repeat, but I usually read them all in the chance of learning just one new thing. :nerd_face:

The Organic Prepper Home - The Organic Prepper

Preppers Daily News

How to Be a Prepper and Live Happily Ever After: (happypreppers.com)

Dozens of Prepper sites.
Prepping.com - Your source for the latest prepping and survival news

Top 101 Prepper and Survival Websites - Homestead & Prepper (homesteadandprepper.com)

The Survival Mom - Helping moms worry less & enjoy life!

2 Likes