National Preparedness Month

September is National Preparedness Month. That’s why we’re giving you a free home-defense training video when you spend $50 or more on patriotic apparel like this!

FB_Link_BTP_Eagle_Shirt_Hat_09-13-2020
(Get your Born To Protect t-shirt or hat here!)

What are you doing differently this month to increase your preparedness level?

5 Likes

When me and my lady go anywhere, I still hold doors for her, but now I’m the first one to walk inside or outside, so I can take a look around.

3 Likes

Using social media(Facebook) less. Recently, the stop signs within 50 yards of my house were vandalized, with political propaganda. Now, a little spray paint isn’t that big of a deal, but, we’ve seen nationwide these things escalated very quickly. There has also been increased activity, in broad daylight, of attempted child abductions near us. Like, the next town over near us. If I witness an actual attempted abduction, I will do what I can to stop it, with everything I have available.

6 Likes

Please don’t put off the spray painted propaganda, that leads me directly to the “broken window” theory. Keep eyes peeled unless the paint is cleaned off immediately you can expect more and more and not just paint! Be safe!

6 Likes

Buying plywood for windows, cutting to size, pre-drilling holes, attaching a bag of screws, cutting a view port covered with HD Chicken wire, covering screen doors w/same and adding simple eye screw latches and placing plywood where needed. This would be an extreme measure but one less worry. :+1:

5 Likes

Installing more cameras…

7 Likes

I’m not. I even put pictures of it on another platform with the title “This is how it starts.”

7 Likes

I live in a farm/ranch area in Oregon. Three days ago neighbor caught a guy trying to set a fire out front of his property… the guy sped off. He and the volunteer fire department were able to put it out quickly.
Today another neighbor stopped by the house collecting phone numbers and e-mail addresses that are going to be sent out to everyone in case of an emergency or if we see something suspicious.
I am going to put a game camera out at the road to take a picture of any cars that go by in case it should happen again.

7 Likes

We are going to increase our food stores.

Remember, not withstanding National Preparedness Month, the election coming up, the aftermath could be really, fun.

3 Likes

Same here

2 Likes

I do the same thing better safe than sorry

2 Likes

Be more aware"situational awareness" reading for “potential” threats shot placement I don’t wanna kill jus incapacitate let LE handle it from there and call cr hotline while if need engaging threat you can shoot most pistols one handed at least I do and being ambidextrous really helps alot that 1 thing I HIGHLY RECOMMEND is training with your “off” hand trigger training the whole 9 makes you better for target isolation and shot placement that being said I’ll jus keep training like I always do one handed with either hand

3 Likes

Another post to update progress… I realized my weakness was water. I have been keeping around 50 gallons of very fresh, highly purified water at the house but still, being dependent on a well, which is dependent on electricity, I didnt feel comfortanle. I just went through 2 weeks of HELL in the middle of forest fires, the sky and air itself like red jello, daytime almost dark the smoke was so dense.
SO… have the means to connect the generator to make the well run although not to code… but we are speaking emergency here. I also am buying two, 300 gallon water tanks that I will put behind the house about 30 feet up the hill which will give good water pressure. So, going from 50 gallons to 600 gallons of potable water. Figure if just used for drinking (have other sources for flushing toilets, bathing etc) I should be good for at least 3 or 4 months easy considering it is used for just drinking and cooking. Technically they say around one gallon per person per day… two in my household, so the “books” say 10 months. I figure cut that at least in 1/2. If it lasts longer great weather I need it or not.

3 Likes

Thank you, Train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

2 Likes