Sentimental Gun Love?

Each gun has a story behind it. A place of origin and history I will never know about, a 1916 Spanish Mauser, 1918 Springfield 30-06,(date stamped) 1895 Winchester 30-30, 1910 - 300 savage. Where have they been and what did they see? How many elk or deer had met their end with these? If they could talk their stories would be interesting.

2 Likes

Look for ( cowboy action loads ) trail boss gunpowder by Hodgden is a low pressure Voluminous powder. If you find loading data for that cartridge it will be
Based on safe pressures for black powder firearms. If you reload some other issues are 1.) very old brass may become very Brittle and unsafe to use. 2.) finding new brass will be difficult. Don’t buy used range brass for that cartridge. If you really want to shoot it, have a smith look at it. And even if the rifling looks poor it can still shoot accurately. Don’t use black powder re- cleaning. If you don’t reload
Forget about it. PS YOU CAN SEND ME A Direct email thru this website if I can help. :us::us::us:

1 Like

Ya. As you get older and retire you will have more time to do things and think about the past. Although it seems many years went by in the blink of a eye but good memories are Crystal clear for me. Some people call it living in the past but for me it’s like watching a video and no one can ever take that from you. People have to work the way they do for a lot of reasons but understand that time slips right thru your hands before you know it. So take some of your time to make more good memories. I think we are on the same page. :us::us:

1 Like

Not that you will ever sell it but prices are as high as 10k for a original Colt Python.

1 Like

I admit, I can see how an EDC over the years can have increased “sentimental” value for the person carrying and even held sentimental by his or her family, including as an heirloom. And I’ve had sentimental value for the artistic or craftsmanship of a firearm.

I know, but this gun will be with me until I die. My kids might get rid of it someday because they’re not as sentimentally attached to it as I am, but that’s up to them.

1 Like