SCOTUS considers challenge to illinois reciprocity

11 Likes

This would be great. I live in Texas but home is really Northern Wisconsin. Before I hit the IL border I must clear, lock, and place my weapons in the trunk. It is a a LONG drive with nothing but flat land for days it seems before I reach civilization again in WI and can unload my trunk. Darn FIBs (those in WI will know the TLA).

3 Likes

CCW Reciprocity, FOID, Gun Dealer licensing… IL should get the “volume discount” from the SCOTUS.

3 Likes

There is another separate law for Non-Residents
A non-resident may transport a loaded concealed handgun in a vehicle if they have a valid CCW permit in their home state. They cannot under any circumstances remove the firearm from the vehicle. If they need to exit the vehicle they must lock it or place the firearm in a locked container.

The last time I drove thru Illinois I called the state police and they confirmed this was the law. That was 6 months ago. I’m not aware of any changes. You may want to double check.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Guys and gals who are licensed to carry in their state of residence MAY carry within their vehicle only, with out an Illinois concealed carry license.

3 Likes

@Sheepdog556 @AlphaKoncepts Thank you. Great information. I’m just going to make sure that my tank is full and my bladder is empty before crossing into IL. And this way I don’t add a penny to their economy. And as soon as I get to WI I will fill my tank, stop for one beer, and some breaded cheese curds… home sweet home.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much what I did. Last time tho we drove thru Indiana. Probably not much choice for you tho

2 Likes

Does anybody know who the person they referred to as Moore as in Moore v Madigan? In this case? If the Supreme Court takes the case ?

1 Like

Four trips through Illinois a month and that’s how I do it.

4 Likes

If you get a Florida conceal and carry that take care of half the states

3 Likes

Thirty years ago I was told we can no longer call them FIBs, The new acronym is FISH (Ill let you figure it out).

While I am at it do any of the people from the Great state if Illinois know what Chicago’s largest state park is?

Ill post the correct answer when someone gets it right or after 5 wrong guesses.

2 Likes

No idea. If I had to guess, Chicago probably just proclaimed that they own the Dunes over in indiana just because they think they can do what they want.:grin:

3 Likes

Is the answer Wisconsin? I lived in Wisconsin for 14 years. Graduated HS in Tomahawk. All my family is from there. There were so many people from Chicago coming up that we had to tie lumber to our bumpers on weekends and holidays.
And… I actually enjoy Chicago (hate the Bears). I received my bachelor degree at the University of Illinois at Chicago (right downtown). It is a great city and I enjoy going back to visit.
I messaged my guess to you about FISH. I didn’t want the DawnZee mod lashing about my answer. Though according to recent posts from @Zee she prefers whips I guess. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s my plan for driving to the Expo in March. There is a route I could take which would keep me out of Illinois but it adds another hour to an already long drive.

3 Likes

@David38 That is an hour that you should cherish!

And… see you at the Expo!

1 Like

The correct answer is indeed Wisconsin…

Thanks to all that played.

As for the other thing, those that messaged me were correct F----ng Illinois S— Heads
It was all in good fun, I know a lot of people from both Ill. and the city of Chicago.

3 Likes

Chicago’s largest city park is Millennium park formerly Meigs Field for smaller aircraft. The runways were dug up by former Mayor Richard M Daley.
The largest State park in Illinois is Pierre Marquette State Park in Grafton, IL in southern Illinois.

1 Like

@AlphaKoncepts I read the article completely today. Can I use my handgun to protect myself or someone else while traveling through Illinois?
Let’s say I am in a truck stop and some crazy person is going around shooting people nearby. Can I load my weapon, get out and potentiality save lives, including my own? Do I have to shoot while remaining in my car if the gun man starts heading my way? Can I even use my weapon? Or does IL law require that bullets must be kept in the shell casing, surrounded by gunpowder, with the primer to be illegal to use?
Okay, that last question borders on sarcasm. But with IL you never really know. Because according to the article THEY don’t even know. The article suggests you print IL gun laws to give a Illinois LEO that doesn’t know their own laws and wants to arrest you for coming into their kingdom and threatening humanity by exercising my 2A right.

2 Likes

I think you missed the joke here when I said Chicago’s largest state park is Wisconsin. There are so many people in Chicago who come to Wisconsin for the weekend fun we can provide.

3 Likes